my opinion (only doing players that are still currently in Ontario)
1. Kevin Pangos (PG)- Best, hardest working, Smartest player in his age group, can score at will, good defense, and knows how to run a team, probably the most consistent shooter. Court vision is really good and great handle on the ball. Pull up jumper is absolutely unstoppable. Also supprisingly strong and has ability to hang in air and finish with contact.
(NBA Comparison- Deron Williams meets Chauncey Billups)
Height- 6ft 0/ Team: York Avengers (1992) High School: Denison(York)
2. Anthony Bennett (C)- a 15 year old version of andrew bynum/ dwight howard. Dunks EVERYTHING and is very active on the court, very dominant. Super long arms enables him to get a lot of rebounds and block everything in sight. Now has a decent 3 point shot in his game.
(NBA Comparison- Andrew Bynum/Dwight Howard)
Height- 6ft 6/ Team: Brampton Hype (1993) High School: Harold Brathwaite(Peel)
3. Juwan Brescacin (PF/SF)- physical, good shooter, very strong, absorbs contact in the paint to finish. has range from about a foot behind the NBA three point line. Perimeter game is still developing but 1 on 1 in the post he is virtually unstoppable. Good shot blocker, on the ball defense is decent.
(NBA Comparison- Kevin Garnett meets Carmelo Anthony)
Height- 6ft 5/ Team: CIA Bounce (1993) High School: Loyola(Peel)
4. Martin Dixon- Green (SF/SG)- a freak athelte, jumps out of the gym, streaky shooter but when he is hitting shots almost impossible to guard. On the ball defense is good, but not great, pretty good shot blocker because of his jumping ability.
(NBA Comparison- Vince Carter meets Josh Smith)
Height- 6ft 2/ Team: Scarborough Blues (1993) High School: Pope John Paul(TDCAA)
5. Jarryn Skeete (PG)- pangos is the best player, but mr. skeete is the best pure point guard in the age group. Court vision is on another level, long and active so he is able to defend multiple positions and rebound like a big man. Most creative player in this age group, the ball is like a yo-yo in his hands. great midrange game and range a little past highschool 3 point line.
(NBA Comparison- Jason Kidd meets Joe Johnson)
Height- 6ft 1/ Team: Missisauga Wolverines (1993) High school: Cardinal Leger(Peel)
6. Shaquille Woodcock (SG)- the quickest, most aggressive player, by far the fastest player with the ball in his hands. Gets to the paint at will and is the best defender in the group. Gets to the freethrow line more than anybody, and because of jumping ability one of the best offensive rebounders in the group.
(NBA Comparison- Leandro Barbosa meets Allen Iverson)
Height- 5ft 10/Team: Scarborough Blues (1993) High School: Henry Carr(TDCAA)
7. Naz Long (SG/SF)- good shooter, active on the court and pretty fun to watch, when he is playing well on offense very hard to stop. Uses his jumpshot as a threat to get to the basket and either finish or go to the freethrow line. Very hard worker, grew a few inches in the summer, has helped his game a lot. Defensively needs to try harder.
(NBA Comparison- Monta Ellis)
Height- 6ft 2/Team: CIA Bounce (1993) High School: Father Goetz(Peel)
8. Jonathan Alexander (PF)- another high flyer, an absolute rebounding machine, decent midrange jumpshot. Good post game. Excellent shot blocker, really sees the whole floor on defense so he is able to slide over and send shots out.
(NBA Comparison- Amare Stoudamire meets Kevin Garnett)
Height- 6ft 4/Team: Scarborough Blues (1993) High School: Mother Teresa(TDCAA)
9. Kevin Blake (SG/SF)- hard working player, very strong and aggressive. Goes to the hoop with a purpose, and has a good jumping ability, VERY underrated, probably the most underrated player in the group. Defensive stopper, who now has a superior offensive game to go along with it.
(NBA Comparison- Andre Igoudala)
Height- 6ft 1/Team: Toronto BJCC (1993) High School: Oakwood(Toronto South)
10. Kash Lawrence (PF/SF)- undersized big, but his heart and hustle make up for it. One of the strongest players and the absolute best offensive rebounder, if you don’t box him out he is capable of 15 plus rebounds. Good jumping ability, which also helps his rebounding. Surprisingly quick. Handle has improved, but he lacks a jumpshot that is threatening. On the ball defense is decent.
(NBA Comparison- Shawn Marion)
Height- 6ft 2/Team: Brampton Hype (1993) High School: Cardinal Leger(Peel)
11. Negus Webster- Chan (SG/SF)- super smooth, everything he does looks effortless, very long, good handle, and surprisingly good jumping ability. Good midrange game and decent 3 point range. Good defensive player.
(NBA Comparison- Tracy McGrady meets Brandon Roy)
Height- 6ft 5/Team: Scarborough Blues (1993) High School: Pope John Paul (TDCAA)
12. Cy Richard- Samuels (SF)- quick on his feet, great court vision, pretty good rebounder, not a scorer yet, but more of a play maker. Jumping ability is pretty good. His jump shot needs work, he rarely ever shoots anyway.
(NBA Comparison- Lamar Odom)
Height- 6ft 3/Team: Toronto BJCC (1993) High School: Vaughan(York)
13. Nick Lewis (PG)- quick, long, athletic, strongest part of his game is shooting, when he is making shots he doesn’t miss, he has crazy range and has never seen a shot he doesn’t like. Pretty good playmaker, and good defender.
(NBA Comparison- Gilbert Arenas meets Shaun Livingston)
Height- 5ft 11/Team: Scarborough Blues (1993) High School: Pope John Paul(TDCAA)
14. Faith Ekikitie (C/PF)- biggest player, best footwork, when he catches the ball in the low post its either 2 points, or he is going to the free throw line, or both. Has a good jumpshot and decent perimeter game. Very quick for his size and is a bully with and without the ball. Defensively he tries sometimes, but not all the time.
(NBA Comparison- Shaquille O’ Neal meets LaMarcus Alridge)
Height- 6ft 2/Team: CIA Bounce (1993) Highschool: Dyouville(Peel)
15. Dimitri Bailey (PG)- the craziest handle in the group, a magician with the ball, passes the ball with a lot of creativity, very good defender, and plays with the most swagger in this highly talented class. KILLER crossover, reminds me of a young Tim Hardaway.
(NBA Comparison- Jamal Crawford meets Baron Davis)
Height- 5ft 9/Team: CIA Bounce (1993) High School: Father Goetz(Peel)
HM(16). Richard Audu (SF/SG)- highly skilled, getting into the paint is what he does best, does not excel in one area, but is good in all. Good handle. Plays decent defense. Has range a bit past the high school 3 point line. Not a good rebounder for his size even though has a good jumping ability, can be caught watching sometimes.
(NBA Comparison- Dwayne Wade meets Josh Howard)
Height- 6ft 3/Team: Mississauga Wolverines (1993) High School: Gonzaga(Peel)
HM(17). Dinjyl Walker (SG/PG)- great scorer, with excellent jumping ability. Good defense, very good 1 on 1 player. Good handles, and jumpshot is money even with a hand in his face. Can play point guard when needed, but is better as a scoring guard.
(NBA Comparison- OJ Mayo)
Height- 5ft 11/Team: Toronto BJCC (1993) Highschool: Vaughan(York)
HM(18). Brandon Burke (PF)- a true power forward, great post game and can shoot the 3 ball. A scorer and knows how to put a team on his back. Good defense too, can guard positions 3-5.
(NBA Comparison- Rasheed Wallace meets Chris Bosh)
Height- 6ft 3/Team: Scarborough Blues #2 (1993) Highschool: West Hill(Toronto East)
HM(19). Justin Jarvis (PF/C)- human trampoline, rebounding machine, and highlight reel. Not sure if he can do more other than rebound, block shots and dunk though. On ball defense is questionable, but shot blocking machine.
(NBA Comparison- Dwight Howard meets Marcus Camby)
Height- 6ft 5/Team: Toronto BJCC (1993) Highschool: Brebreuf(York)
HM(20). Niko Plastich (PF/SF)- most physical player in this age, absolute beast in the post, and has a good enough wing game to go out there and take someone. Has 3 point range, on ball defense is suspect because he is not quick. A beast on the boards though. Undersized big, so is trying to move his game out towards the wing, but is still best suited for the high/low post.
(NBA Comparison- Elton Brand meets Ron Artest)
Height- 6ft 1/Team: Toronto BJCC (1993) High School: Marcillenus(Peel)
HM(21). Jahmar Thompson (PF)- looks lazy, but is an animal when motivated. Good shot blocker and has a great jumping ability. Gets to the free throw line a lot, just has to hit free throws now. Permiter is decent, can take someone of the dribble, makes acrobatic shots on the regular. Great offensive/ defensive rebounder and can defend multiple positions.
(NBA Comparison: Chris Bosh)
Height: 6ft 3/Team: Mississauga Wolverines (1993) High School: Augustine(Peel)
i know its alot lol, but just had to share my opinion.
Last edited by iHoop on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total