HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+24
tart11
BallinIsMyHobby12
THEGRUBB
Kassius123
basketball_atr
jumpman
wingsonmyback
DAZENMASTER
simple touch5
Youngin11
Xavier Rimrocker
Brooklynne
JamesJ
thestar
Peel Fan
coach89
jumpshotta
panathas
wcbasketball
CoachImgrund
tfb-prospect
highflya
bronbron23
S.S
28 posters

Bill Crothers secondary school

Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Bill Crothers secondary school - Page 4 Empty Re: Bill Crothers secondary school

Post by Peel Fan Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:19 am

Too many posters are missing the big picture: The issue is not this season or the next, it's what happens down the road after the school has had a few years to take advantage of all the extras they have, in terms of both facilities and recruiting.
    CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Bill Crothers secondary school - Page 4 Empty Re: Bill Crothers secondary school

Post by CoachImgrund Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:46 pm

[quote="thestar"]wow hating on BCSS, there a first year school with 50 grade 10s. St A's has 300 grade 10s probobly. Yes we know that they have the facilitys but it takes a while to develop a program. In 5 to ten years Bill Crothers will dominate like no other team and will clean up in every sport. Them coming first is pretty good for a team that just started up and only has 250 kids to choose from.[/quote]

No one is 'hating' on Bill Crothers - we are simply saying the same thing that you are:

"Bill Crothers will dominate like no other team and will clean up in every sport."

Is this fair? They will do well not because they're building up a 'program', but because, being a sport school, they attract great athletes. It's almost to the point of recruiting, something OFSAA does NOT allow.

And let's face it, they ARE recruiting - I saw an advertisement for this school in a NEWMARKET newspaper a few weeks ago. No other schools 'advertise' like that.

Also, if you go to their website, there is a BROCHURE containing promotional information about the school.

Also on the website, one of the first things it says is: "Home of the Colts."

Sure, on our website we have a picture of a Lion, but that doesn't define us. If you go to the Mother Teresa website (a school with a strong basketball tradition), there is no mention of their athletics program AT ALL! Another strong program, Vaughan, has no mention of its sports team either. This is unique to Bill Crothers. It's clear from here what the emphasis of the school is.

You still don't believe that they are recruiting? I downloaded the application, and the FIRST short-answer question that anyone interested in the school has to answer is:

"Explain why you think BCSS will support you in achieving your athletic and academic goals."

Notice the ORDER of the words - athletic comes BEFORE academic goals. Personally, I call the young people on my team student-athletes, not athlete-students.

When the first question asks about 'athletic goals' before 'academic goals' and all else, how can you not call it a sports school?

Once again, no offense to the school or any of its students - I'm just calling it how I see it. I'm trying to get the issue addressed now before it turns in to a problem.
    basketball_atr
    Freshman

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by basketball_atr Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:40 pm

Personally, i feel that the one sport there not going to dominate in is basketball. Basketball in the GTA is very much about reputation. That's why every year Eastern Commerce is at least top three. They are tiny in terms of size, very old school, very old buildings. But they compete because everyone who has picked up a ball for their school knows Eastern will run circles around basically every team. In York Region the one team who has been huge for over a decade is Vaughan, everyone knows that, they can beat the best opposition every single year so i doubt that will change. Kids are going to want to come to Vaughan as much as ever. Bill Crothers in my opinion are going to draw kids in from there area but they wont take kids away from schools who have been at the top lately.
    Kassius123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-12-20

Post by Kassius123 Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:40 pm

whos bill crothers best player?
    THEGRUBB
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by THEGRUBB Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:52 pm

[quote="Kassius123"]whos bill crothers best player?[/quote]

The 5 starters for Bill Crothers are all about the same.
    As for the game between Bill Crothers and St. A - St. A would have won the game by a lot more if the coach let his 5 starters play the entire 4th qtr. St. A's coach sub in 2 bench players, and #15 is brutal. Anyone who watch the game know that St. A 3 best players (#11 Thomas, #4 HO, #22 Mills) didn't have a good game.
    THEGRUBB
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by THEGRUBB Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:04 pm

[quote="DAZENMASTER"]EWWWWWWW MAN
    ST. A's is garbage[/quote]

Be careful with these one liner. Calling a 5-0 team garbage? So what about the teams that played against St. A? I definitely will not call Bill Crothers, Markham, Middlefiled garbage.
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:36 pm

[/quote] As for the game between Bill Crothers and St. A - St. A would have won the game by a lot more if the coach let his 5 starters play the entire 4th qtr. St. A's coach sub in 2 bench players, and #15 is brutal. Anyone who watch the game know that St. A 3 best players (#11 Thomas, #4 HO, #22 Mills) didn't have a good game.[/quote]

First off I would like to say a grown person that you are, you should not be calling a 15 year-old player brutal because you don't know how they can react and its not the NBA where they can take negative criticism and move on, its high school junior basketball, they might take it to offense. So you should watch what you say over these threads because anyone can read them, even #15.

Secondly, the coach subbing in two grade 10's wouldn't have made a difference. The small Chinese (CHANG) point guard is starting material and I thought he played a pretty good game. #15 didn't have one of his best games, he could of played better.

Lastly, HO and Mills both had a good game. That was the best game I saw Dillon play all year long, he was making his shots. Mills was finishing most of his layups and grabbing the boards and he gave them a decent game. The only player that was off was Shawn, his shot was off and he still finished with 12 points, which is still nothing to brag about.

So before you come on a public thread and put down a kid, just read what your saying before you click the Send button. And try to get your facts straight before you post them because there have been numerous occasions where you have posted stuff about St.Augustine and the coach that are the total opposite from the truth.
    S.S
    Freshman

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Post by S.S Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:21 pm

#15 on st.a's??
    BallinIsMyHobby12
    Freshman

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by BallinIsMyHobby12 Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:27 pm

Honestly its not unfair the got money im sure the reasons other schools dont have these types of facilities are because they dont have any money or they cant because of the school board >>your opinions wont change anything
    Youngin11
    Freshman

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post by Youngin11 Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:46 am

[quote="THEGRUBB"][quote="Kassius123"]whos bill crothers best player?[/quote]

The 5 starters for Bill Crothers are all about the same.
    As for the game between Bill Crothers and St. A - St. A would have won the game by a lot more if the coach let his 5 starters play the entire 4th qtr. St. A's coach sub in 2 bench players, and #15 is brutal. Anyone who watch the game know that St. A 3 best players (#11 Thomas, #4 HO, #22 Mills) didn't have a good game.[/quote]

Yo...listen..i dont care who u are...where ur from..dont talk and judge any player..if there on my team or not..i dont care...you THEGRUBB...are not on St.A...Not a parent of St.A ...so stop talkin about us...dont insult my team members...if u wanna noe how i am..Shawn Thomas # 11..dont diss my players..got sumthing to say..get at me then
    S.S
    Freshman

Post by S.S Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:09 am

shawn i seen the bill crothers game versus st.a's u gott blockedd thee shitt out of u
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:44 am

Bill Crothers has all recruits...how could they lose to St. Augustine and not be contenders in York Region. One word explains this. PATHETIC. And stop calling them BCSS...I'm getting them confused with Brampton Centennial!
    S.S
    Freshman

Post by S.S Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:56 am

lmaoo they dont recruit
    S.S
    Freshman

Post by S.S Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:02 pm

what school do u go to tart11'
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:17 pm

[quote="S.S"]lmaoo they dont recruit[/quote]

I do.....Vaughan is doo doo.
    JamesJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by JamesJ Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:47 pm

ok serioulsy everyone like i never said we were going to win it all and i never said we were the best team why are you saying were over rated and stuff like that just cuz we won in a couple of other sports doenst mean you have the right to call us over rated just wait a couple years and if we still suck then then you can gladly call us over rated
    Youngin11
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post by Youngin11 Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:37 am

[quote="S.S"]shawn i seen the bill crothers game versus st.a's u gott blockedd thee shitt out of u[/quote]

We Won.
    simple touch5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by simple touch5 Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:49 am

[quote="tart11"][quote="S.S"]lmaoo they dont recruit[/quote]

I do.....Vaughan is doo doo.[/quote]

if ur saying vaughan is garbage, thats an 'L', u cant make those comments when they're ranked 2nd in the GTA
    franchise24
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-07-20

Post by franchise24 Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:50 pm

yee u cant ake those comments still espcially if there ranked 2nd in gta
    VCforMVP
    Freshman

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by VCforMVP Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:27 pm

Mr. Imgrund,
    because i have been respected by you my hwole life i have looked up to you and have been overlooked by a couple of your staff mebers
    jkz jkz
    but to your out most respect i respect your team and think it will be a blow out like mad against billy crothers middle school
    JamesJ
    Freshman

Post by JamesJ Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:38 pm

i never said vaughan was crap there crazy and know that they got there best player back there a force to be reckon with and what team does mr imgrund coach?
    JamesJ
    Freshman

Post by JamesJ Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:43 pm

[quote="tart11"]Bill Crothers has all recruits...how could they lose to St. Augustine and not be contenders in York Region. One word explains this. PATHETIC. And stop calling them BCSS...I'm getting them confused with Brampton Centennial![/quote] listin tart like we dont recruit who we want ppl who wanna come to our school chose to and they apply they only thng differnt was that our grade 10s could play cuz we got this yraa transfer form so stop saying we recruit when we dont anyone can come to our school no one is hand picked
    panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by panathas Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Brebeuf 60 Bill Crothers 36

45 Tournaments hosted
    25 former players at post-secondary programs
    25 tourney championships
    22 All stars
    -----------------------------------------------
    10th SENIOR WINTER CLASSIC CHAMPIONS: St Marcellinus 85 Heart Lake 78
    9th JUNIOR WINTER CLASSIC CHAMPIONS: Campion 67 Xavier 63
    JamesJ
    Freshman

Post by JamesJ Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:05 pm

[quote="CoachImgrund"]Panathas: As far as I know, they have two full regulation-size basketball courts. There may be more, but I just caught two when I was there!

WC: Unfortunately, the York Region Athletic Association headquarters are in Bill Crothers so I can't see that happening.

It's a shame because, frankly, they shouldn't be allowed to participate in the YRAA league. It goes against everything OFSAA and high school sports stands for. It's true that some GTA schools do recruit, but this recruiting is done MUCH MORE in the open and they are not just winning basketball, but EVERY other sport too.

For example, in volleyball, they had their Junior Boy's team play tier one - they placed third, in the SENIOR division!

High school sports is about a level playing field, and this definitely is not happening here. They're in their FIRST year, and walking away with everything.

If something is not done at the end of this season, this will put a real tarnish on sports in York Region.[/quote]

i give u lots of respect and all mr imgrund but to be honest we not going to be contenders let alone take it all in basketball mabey vollyball and hockey but not basketball for sure theres way to much competion out there
    JamesJ
    Freshman

Post by JamesJ Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:08 pm

[quote="Youngin11"]For ALL the Haters...Ur not in fist Division...u cant speak ..Vaughn..STL...NewMarket..have the right to talk..the rest...can sit back and watchh from the side ..period..u didnt make it....so dont talk ..enuff said[/quote]

Vaughn 99 Sta 34 Enought said about how good vaughn is

Current date/time is Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:20 pm