HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+24
tart11
BallinIsMyHobby12
THEGRUBB
Kassius123
basketball_atr
jumpman
wingsonmyback
DAZENMASTER
simple touch5
Youngin11
Xavier Rimrocker
Brooklynne
JamesJ
thestar
Peel Fan
coach89
jumpshotta
panathas
wcbasketball
CoachImgrund
tfb-prospect
highflya
bronbron23
S.S
28 posters

Bill Crothers secondary school

CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Bill Crothers secondary school - Page 5 Empty Re: Bill Crothers secondary school

Post by CoachImgrund Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:54 pm

[quote="VCforMVP"]Mr. Imgrund,
    because i have been respected by you my hwole life i have looked up to you and have been overlooked by a couple of your staff mebers
    jkz jkz
    but to your out most respect i respect your team and think it will be a blow out like mad against billy crothers middle school[/quote]

Thanks - I try to treat others on here with the same respect I'd like to be treated with. You have been 'overlooked by a couple of [my] staff members?' Huh?!?

And thanks for the compliments. I have respect for the players on the team as well.
    CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Bill Crothers secondary school - Page 5 Empty Re: Bill Crothers secondary school

Post by CoachImgrund Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:56 pm

[quote="JamesJ"][quote="CoachImgrund"]Panathas: As far as I know, they have two full regulation-size basketball courts. There may be more, but I just caught two when I was there!

WC: Unfortunately, the York Region Athletic Association headquarters are in Bill Crothers so I can't see that happening.

It's a shame because, frankly, they shouldn't be allowed to participate in the YRAA league. It goes against everything OFSAA and high school sports stands for. It's true that some GTA schools do recruit, but this recruiting is done MUCH MORE in the open and they are not just winning basketball, but EVERY other sport too.

For example, in volleyball, they had their Junior Boy's team play tier one - they placed third, in the SENIOR division!

High school sports is about a level playing field, and this definitely is not happening here. They're in their FIRST year, and walking away with everything.

If something is not done at the end of this season, this will put a real tarnish on sports in York Region.[/quote]

i give u lots of respect and all mr imgrund but to be honest we not going to be contenders let alone take it all in basketball mabey vollyball and hockey but not basketball for sure theres way to much competion out there[/quote]

I agree that there's a lot of competition in basketball, but as Bill Crothers begins winning YRAA Championships for volleyball and hockey, this will bring notoriety to their other sports.

I'm not saying Bill Crothers will win a YRAA Championship in basketball anytime soon, but I do feel that they have an unfair advantage.

And I'm the coach of St. Theresa of Lisieux (Richmond Hill).
    JamesJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by JamesJ Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:30 pm

well put Coach Imgrund but like wat do you suggest we do with our vollyball and hockeys teams to make it an evan level playing feild cuz i know our hockey team only plays jounir so like it would be level if they got moved up to senior
    bball272
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by bball272 Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:43 pm

I think that this school is a great idea, it will help athletes from all over to become better with the superior facilities and staff, and they should be able to 'recruit', but that they should NOT be aloud to play league games. Instead, they can play exhibition games against teams like Vaughan and Carr if they want too.
    CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Post by CoachImgrund Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:57 pm

[quote="JamesJ"]well put Coach Imgrund but like wat do you suggest we do with our vollyball and hockeys teams to make it an evan level playing feild cuz i know our hockey team only plays jounir so like it would be level if they got moved up to senior[/quote]

Good question and one that I don't have an answer to. Any suggestions?
    S.S
    Freshman

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Post by S.S Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 pm

i think they should play senior levels for all the sports that they excel in just to make it fair but they shouldnt be tookin out of the league
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by Tila_Tequila Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:20 pm

BCSS we Getting ripped by thornhill in the first half, i think it was 16-0?

Current date/time is Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:10 am