HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+23
killert01
last1standing
Rexdale Coach
baller45
RR34
DatBaller15
HooptownGTA
DaFuture...
the_legend
panathas
Underated
PK.T
PKD
KPC-AZ
RespectBaller
SkillzIGot
iBall
HAWK-BOY
BoyballerSouth
BigTimeScorer
coachphillips
Coach Mike
Coach Clement
27 posters

TDCAA West- Games For Week of Feb. 9-13

PKD
    Freshman

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2008-12-04

TDCAA West- Games For Week of Feb. 9-13 - Page 2 Empty Re: TDCAA West- Games For Week of Feb. 9-13

Post by PKD Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:51 pm

[quote="Coach Clement"][quote="PKD"]the score of bosco vs marrocco was 95 - 93 in overtime bosco won. 63 was marroccos leadin scorers points and 49 boscos leadin scorers points[/quote]

Ridiculous statement! drunken[/quote]

ok you'll see
    PK.T
    Freshman

Number of posts : 3

TDCAA West- Games For Week of Feb. 9-13 - Page 2 Empty Re: TDCAA West- Games For Week of Feb. 9-13

Post by PK.T Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:21 pm

its truue a single player dropped 63 in the marracco and bosco game
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:27 pm

I think you were counting the lay-ups he made in the pre-game ! But hey he's probably pretty good.

How come you keep morphing into different identities? What a Face

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    Underated
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2

Post by Underated Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:50 pm

Bosco did win styll..Jonathan scored 63 on Bishop and Kevin scored 49 on Don Bosco. Ull see on 25 point club watch
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:02 pm

Okay. Jonathon Layne maybe and Kevin is ?

These kids can probably play but the top programs share the ball and play to win as a team.

These teams have kids who could score if unleashed. They sacrifice their own to win as a team.

I'm actually concerned that MT has so many Twenty-five Club entries so far this season. Neutral

Look at Carr A one entry - all great players! Shocked

Underated
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2

Post by Underated Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:15 pm

What do youe mean coach you want more team work
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Coach Mike Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:20 pm

This was actually a great game (Bosco vs Morrocco)... BM was up about 30 in the 2nd quarter... as a coach I was not too happy... they ended the half up about 27 I think... in the 2nd half the Bosco boys started to play defense (my best defender was benched for the 1st half) and we got within 12... 63-51... and pretty much shut down Jonathon (he really did score 63... he lit us up in the first half... I have never seen a junior shoot the ball like that in my life... he shoots better than most seniors)... but the 2nd half was all Bosco... we played defense... created turnover and kept the ball out of Jonathon's hands (BM's next leading scorer had 9)... back and forth all forth quarter.. Bosco making their free throws.. .Kevin Opoku hit his down the stretch... as did Delaun Ewan and Josh Rowe (Delaun and Josh actually played almost all 36 minutes... as did Kevin... I think they were all in double figures for scoring)... Kevin was just creating steals and finishing we weren't forcing the ball to him... he just kept getting at it... offensive rebounding... steals... he did it all for us today... BM's whole offense revolved around Jonathon... but that being said BM played with a lot of heart and where most teams would have folded they kept pushing and pushing and gave us a great game.

Overall one of the most exciting games I have ever coached or seen... to come back from being down 30 to win is a remarkable achievement... I really hope that we can continue now and work from here to grow. Unfortunately we get Carr A on Monday ... so we shall see
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:32 am

04-Dec Jr Bishop Allen 69 Dante 38
    Jr Archbishop Romero 52 Monsignor Johnson 56
    Jr St. Mary's 89 Michael Power 76
    Jr Bishop Marrocco 63 Don Bosco 49 ??

panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by panathas Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:10 am

So one kid scored 63 points in junior? That is an achievement. What was the final score?

I also agree with Coach Clement, great teams have depth and share the scoring. Unless you are Denham Brown and you can score 100 while playing on a great team.

45 Tournaments hosted
    25 former players at post-secondary programs
    25 tourney championships
    22 All stars
    -----------------------------------------------
    10th SENIOR WINTER CLASSIC CHAMPIONS: St Marcellinus 85 Heart Lake 78
    9th JUNIOR WINTER CLASSIC CHAMPIONS: Campion 67 Xavier 63
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Coach Mike Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:43 pm

I totally agree as well... but when you are not a "basketball factory" it can be difficult to get 5 or 6 high level players together on a team... so that is why you see some teams who have guys who average 30+ a game, because that is the offensive system that is in place revolves around their star. As a coach I like to reward the players who work hard on the defensive end with offensive touches... and in that game (Bosco vs BM) my player, Kevin... was not hogging the ball... not was I calling his number to get baskets... he was creating opportunities for himself on the defensive side of the ball and on the offensive glass... as for the Marrocco coaches philosophy I cannot speak for him, but it seemed like it was get the ball to their star and let him go to work... and I can respect that... you just need to develop the rest of your talent around him, so that in the future he has help.....

Coach Clement... you were right to question the score of the game... it was submiited incorrectly... it should read Bosco 95-Marrocco 93 OT
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:29 pm

[quote="Coach Mike"]I totally agree as well... but when you are not a "basketball factory" it can be difficult to get 5 or 6 high level players together on a team... so that is why you see some teams who have guys who average 30+ a game, because that is the offensive system that is in place revolves around their star. As a coach I like to reward the players who work hard on the defensive end with offensive touches... and in that game (Bosco vs BM) my player, Kevin... was not hogging the ball... not was I calling his number to get baskets... he was creating opportunities for himself on the defensive side of the ball and on the offensive glass... as for the Marrocco coaches philosophy I cannot speak for him, but it seemed like it was get the ball to their star and let him go to work... and I can respect that... you just need to develop the rest of your talent around him, so that in the future he has help.....

Coach Clement... you were right to question the score of the game... it was submiited incorrectly... it should read Bosco 95-Marrocco 93 OT[/quote]

I stand corrected. The correct score is up.

Congratulations to both teams and their star players on an outstanding accomplishment! Cool

the_legend
    Freshman

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by the_legend Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:44 am

LOL hooooollleeeey
    ey datss sicc boy butt hoo ever yu are jonathon layne
    TRANSFER!! 2 a gud skool
    for ur ownn sake
    RespectBaller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by RespectBaller Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:08 am

Word you should have go back 2 mary's
    Your team is whack
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:34 pm

04-Dec
    Jr Bishop Allen 69 Dante 38
    Jr Archbishop Romero 52 Monsignor Johnson 56
    Jr St. Mary's 89 Michael Power 76
    Jr Bishop Marrocco 93 Don Bosco 95 ot

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:37 pm

08-Dec
    Jr Monsignor Johnson Bishop Allen
    Jr Don Bosco Father Henry Carr
    Jr Father Redmond Archbishop Romero
    Jr Henry Carr "B" Bishop Marrocco

09-Dec
    Jr St. Basil's Michael Power
    Jr Father Henry Carr Cardinal McGuigan
    Jr Dante St. Mary's
    Jr Chaminade Henry Carr "B"

10-Dec
    Jr Bishop Allen Don Bosco
    Jr Father Henry Carr Henry Carr "B"

11-Dec
    Jr Chaminade St. Basil's
    Jr Archbishop Romero St. Mary's
    Jr Bishop Marrocco Michael Power

BigTimeScorer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 153
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post by BigTimeScorer Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:24 pm

[quote="Coach Clement"]08-Dec
    Jr Monsignor Johnson Bishop Allen
    Jr Don Bosco Father Henry Carr
    Jr Father Redmond Archbishop Romero

09-Dec
    Jr St. Basil's Michael Power
    Jr Dante St. Mary's

10-Dec
    Jr Bishop Allen Don Bosco
    Jr Father Henry Carr Henry Carr "B"

11-Dec
    Jr Chaminade St. Basil's
    Jr Archbishop Romero St. Mary's
    Jr Bishop Marrocco Michael Power[/quote]

CAAR A vs CARR B that shud be guud
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Carr A has beaten them but they will be among the minority.

Those young kids can play!!!! Cool

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:05 pm

Jr Monsignor Johnson 74 Bishop Allen 40
    Jr Don Bosco 39 Father Henry Carr 97

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:40 pm

08-Dec
    Jr Monsignor Johnson 74 Bishop Allen 40
    Jr Don Bosco 39 Father Henry Carr 97
    Jr Father Redmond 52 Archbishop Romero 63

09-Dec
    Jr St. Basil's 61 Michael Power 71
    Jr Dante St. Mary's

DaFuture...
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by DaFuture... Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:30 pm

any results on the Carr A vs Carr B game?
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447

Post by HooptownGTA Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Henry Carr A 63 (Shaquille Woodcock 19) - Henry Carr B 61 (Tevin Findlay 22)

Phone & Text: 647-668-6890
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/HooptownGTA
    Twitter: @HooptownGTA
    Instagram: hooptowngta
    DatBaller15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2008-09-04

Post by DatBaller15 Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:21 pm

wow. henry carr has a strong b team this year
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:24 am

10-Dec
    Jr Bishop Allen54 Don Bosco 45
    Jr Father Henry Carr 63 Henry Carr "B" 61

RespectBaller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by RespectBaller Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:43 pm

Archbishop Romero 80
    St.Mary's 67
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:45 am

11-Dec
    Jr Chaminade 61 St. Basil's 51
    Jr Archbishop Romero 82 St. Mary's 67
    Jr Bishop Marrocco 47 Michael Power 91

Current date/time is Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:10 pm