HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
steve.nash1
knowthegame
6 posters

Villanova/St David Academy Presents!!!

knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Villanova/St David Academy Presents!!! Empty Villanova/St David Academy Presents!!!

Post by knowthegame Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:34 am

Villanova College/St David Blues have formed an Academy that will be bringing all levels of basketball to York Region. For more info look at the posting in the Elementary School section on hooptowngta.
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Villanova/St David Academy Presents!!! Empty Re: Villanova/St David Academy Presents!!!

Post by steve.nash1 Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Straight up recruiting. I guess the Headmaster P.P. is tired of having losing teams at Villanova. Not only that but he is trying to feed his football program. Let me guess who will be the head coach of the Boys team? MDV

VERY VERY SUSPECT
    ballhard41
    Freshman

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2009-11-13

Villanova/St David Academy Presents!!! Empty Re: Villanova/St David Academy Presents!!!

Post by ballhard41 Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:18 pm

lol i herd dat school got shandon , dave monaco , gianmarco luciani and vince divition all st d's players
    basketball IQ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2009-07-11

Post by basketball IQ Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:55 pm

The School looks like they are doing a good job by expanding options to Parents and kids to be apart of their program. This is great opportunity for all, but on the other hand, the basketball program will suffer for awhile until that flood of kids start going, but the distance to the school is far for most, so it will be interesting.

St Davids is a great program and they do produce great players (Henry, Troy etc) but I am also surprised they didnt get these kids to Villanova?? So i cant say they are recruiting, but yes a strong pitch to say the least.

KTG - "Villanova boast one of the most immaculate sports facilities the province has to offer" Strong sales pitch, but yet a great facility does not bring players if the program is not strong. But i am glad to hear that the basketball community is trying everything to open many gates for young players.

Will this school have a Jr Boys basketball Program? and will the SR Boys basketball program be able to compete in Ofssa this year? I am not familiar with the school so i do apologize for the questions.
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:30 am

looks like another york region school trying to tap into the talent--> about time. Vaughan has been the sole school for the longest time (can add markam on the list)

I believe Villanova is a private school (grades 1-12?). Can anyone confirm? An expensive one I believe.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:58 am

It's a grade 5-12 private Catholic school in the York region. However, it is a member of the CISAA, not the YRAA.

2018 Senior Rimrocker Champions: St. Francis Xavier
    2018 Junior Rimrocker Champions: St. Marguerite d'Youville

Current date/time is Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:40 am