HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+6
Coach Kirk
gunta
coachetob
Coach Clement
thefuture
Mu2
10 posters

Junior Rankings (Opinion)

Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Junior Rankings (Opinion) Empty Junior Rankings (Opinion)

Post by Mu2 Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:48 pm

1. Carr A - has not lost
    2. Vaughan - lost to CarrA, is 1-1 versus pickering
    3. Carr B - has not beaten Vaughan
    4. Pickering - 1-1 versus vaughan, has not beaten CarrB
    5. Downsview - Downsview has not beaten any team above it, has beaten pretty much everyone else (lost to
    Eastern back in October)
    6. West Hill - West Hill has beaten d’Youville (triple OT I believe), Ascension, Eastern, vanier, Goetz, St. Mike's, lost to Downsview by 12
    7. d’Youville - lost to Downsview by 2, west hill by 2, Pickering by 1, beat Oakwood by 2, Goetz by 14, Sandalwood
    by 5, Fletcher's Meadow by 2, Ascension by 9
    8. St. Mike’s – beat richview by 14, eastern by 3 (hasn’t competed against big teams in a while)
    9. Eastern Commerce – lost to st. mikes by 3 and west hill by 3, beat MT by 19
    10. Oakwood – beat Vanier by 9, richview by 21, lost to d’Y by 2 and Downsview by 6
    11. Jean Vanier – lost to Oakwood by 9, pickering by 4, beat MT by 5 (OT), Martingrove by 7
    12. Goetz – beat Richview by 17, lost to d’Youville by 12, St. Joseph (Miss) by 12
    13. Richview – lost to CarrA (twice), Pope by 7, goetz by 17, oakwood by 21 St. Mikes, beat MT by 1
    14.Mother Teresa – lost to Downsview by 4, Vanier by 5, richview by 1, CarrB by 14, Eastern by 19, Sandalwood by
    13 beat Ascension by 6,
    15. Ascension – lost to MT by 6, Carr B by 1, Vaughan 15, d’Y by 9, west Hill by 16, beat Campion by 4
    16. St. Joseph – beat Goetz by 12, lost to Vaughan by 15 (lack of games to be higher)

Honourable Mention:
    1.Fletcher’s Meadow – lost to d’Y by 2, beat Campion b 2 (lack of games to be higher)
    2. Campion – lost by Bramalea by 7, lost to Vaughan by 6, beat Emery by 7, lost to Pickering by 31, ascension by 4,
    Fletchers Meadow by 2
    3. Sandalwood – lost to Carr A by 23, Vaughan by 7 and 47, d’Y by 5, Campion by 3 beat MT by 13
    4. Father Redmond – 8-0 in league play (no big teams)

[b]Comments:
    -Top 4 don’t change carr B has not beaten Vaughan, pickering has not beaten carr B and Vaughan and pickering are 1-1 against eachother[/b]

Last edited by Mu2 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
    thefuture
    Freshman

Number of posts : 128
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Junior Rankings (Opinion) Empty Re: Junior Rankings (Opinion)

Post by thefuture Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:01 pm

pickering beat vaughn rimrocker
    west hill beat goetz, st.mikes exhibition
    mother teresa lost to an unranked school/team
    vanier lost to an unranked school/team
    just to add some information
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Post by Mu2 Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:41 pm

any other information missing?
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Post by Mu2 Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:05 pm

disagreements?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:23 pm

I think this list is very well thought out and the rankings have been justified.

It is a very informed opinion.

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    coachetob
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-10-29

Post by coachetob Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:18 pm

I would think martingrove should have been on the list. I understand the rimrocker was missed, for reason I would rather not submit. But Red-tape I guess is nothing new for other teams either. However; we took a beating for going to the Applewood Tournament and winning, rather then the MT tournament. Mostly because I do not believe in pulling the chute for another tournament and turning my back on a commitment. That said, the 20-4 record should earn us a ranking I would think.

Emery Tournament - win Bronze medal (loss to Downsview 1 day after cuts)
    Vaughan SS - Earn Silver Medal (great game against Vaughan Loss by 13)
    Jean Vanier - (Loss by 7 to Jean Vanier Toronto - After refusing to take the default on an hour delay)
    Applewood - Gold Medal

And yes we lost to Thistletown by 4. But the team did not respond after beating them previously by 26. They played a hell of game Esp. Claion (Spelling). I do not want to take that game away from them. But I will say it was our second worst played game this year.

I would hope since we only had the budget to enter one more tournament (Richview) that the poll will not reflect what the above "opinion" rankings would have for Martingrove.

I try to keep my players off here, but I think we have worked hard enough to stay in the recognized rankings.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Personally I think Martingrove is a very good team. On a given day they can play with most anybody.

They have a real good big in Connor, a talented wing and an outstanding PG (African name).

I apologize for my ignorance as to player names but I have only seen them once. Still I do think this is a good team and they have an outstanding young coach!

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:59 pm

[quote="coachetob"]I would think martingrove should have been on the list. I understand the rimrocker was missed, for reason I would rather not submit. But Red-tape I guess is nothing new for other teams either. However; we took a beating for going to the Applewood Tournament and winning, rather then the MT tournament. Mostly because I do not believe in pulling the chute for another tournament and turning my back on a commitment. That said, the 20-4 record should earn us a ranking I would think.

Emery Tournament - win [u]Bronze medal [/u](loss to [b]Downsview[/b] 1 day after cuts)
    Vaughan SS - [u]Earn Silver Medal [/u](great game against [b]Vaughan[/b] Loss by 13)
    Jean Vanier - (Loss by 7 to [b]Jean Vanier [/b]Toronto - After refusing to take the default on an hour delay)
    Applewood - [u]Gold Medal[/u]

And yes we lost to Thistletown by 4. But the team did not respond after beating them previously by 26. They played a hell of game Esp. Claion (Spelling). I do not want to take that game away from them. But I will say it was our second worst played game this year.

I would hope since we only had the budget to enter one more tournament (Richview) that the poll will not reflect what the above "opinion" rankings would have for Martingrove.

I try to keep my players off here, but I think we have worked hard enough to stay in the recognized rankings.[/quote]

I have not seen you guys play so will not comment on the rankings your record looks good.my only question is if you lost to Thistletown how good are you,i saw this team played 3 times its like watching little kids run up and down the court with no main purpose.
    Coach Kirk
    Freshman

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2008-09-10

Post by Coach Kirk Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:22 pm

The refs are a part of the game period. We could debate whether it was a charge or block all day. What I don't understand is how could Pickering beat Vaughn and still be ranked lower than them???? It does not matter that Vaughn beat them once at the beginning of the season, It is the last game the two teams played that matters. Any team or coaches ultimate goal throughout the season is to improve. IMO thats what Pickering and alot of other teams at Rimrocker did... IMPROVE You cannot take anything away from Pickering's win because they had to go 7-0 to win the tournament and that is not an easy thing to do with the quality teams that made it to the playoff rounds. Very entertaining tourney good job by Xavier Rimrocker and his staff.
    coachetob
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-10-29

Post by coachetob Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:24 pm

gunta, essentially you have reinforced why i try to keep my players away from posting there opinions. UNfortunately I was sucked in to justify our squad. Maybe I should have listened to my own advice.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:28 pm

[quote="Coach Kirk"]The refs are a part of the game period. We could debate whether it was a charge or block all day. What I don't understand is how could Pickering beat Vaughn and still be ranked lower than them???? It does not matter that Vaughn beat them once at the beginning of the season, It is the last game the two teams played that matters. Any team or coaches ultimate goal throughout the season is to improve. IMO thats what Pickering and alot of other teams at Rimrocker did... IMPROVE You cannot take anything away from Pickering's win because they had to go 7-0 to win the tournament and that is not an easy thing to do with the quality teams that made it to the playoff rounds. Very entertaining tourney good job by Xavier Rimrocker and his staff.[/quote]

I think this was for the other thread.
    TheGrove
    Freshman

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-12-12

Post by TheGrove Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:36 pm

Coach Clement wrote:Personally I think Martingrove is a very good team. On a given day they can play with most anybody.

They have a real good big in Connor, a talented wing and an outstanding PG (African name).

I apologize for my ignorance as to player names but I have only seen them once. Still I do think this is a good team and they have an outstanding young coach!

The guard your thinking of is Emmanuel Oowootah (not sure if thats spelled right).
    TheGrove
    Freshman

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-12-12

Post by TheGrove Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:37 pm

coachetob wrote:I would think martingrove should have been on the list. I understand the rimrocker was missed, for reason I would rather not submit. But Red-tape I guess is nothing new for other teams either. However; we took a beating for going to the Applewood Tournament and winning, rather then the MT tournament. Mostly because I do not believe in pulling the chute for another tournament and turning my back on a commitment. That said, the 20-4 record should earn us a ranking I would think.

Emery Tournament - win Bronze medal (loss to Downsview 1 day after cuts)
    Vaughan SS - Earn Silver Medal (great game against Vaughan Loss by 13)
    Jean Vanier - (Loss by 7 to Jean Vanier Toronto - After refusing to take the default on an hour delay)
    Applewood - Gold Medal

I try to keep my players off here, but I think we have worked hard enough to stay in the recognized rankings.

Is this Simpson?
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Post by Mu2 Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:24 pm

I didn't know where to put Martingrove, because they haven't beaten any of the top teams. I see some games were fairly close, but no wins versus the top16

maybe 14-16, honourable mention?
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Post by Mu2 Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:24 pm

maybe top 4 should go CarrA, CarrB, Pickering, Vaughan
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by theunknown2009 Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 pm

The Rankings are out it goes

Henry Carr A
    Pickering
    Vaughn
    Henry Carr B
    Downsview
    youngmoney_ballin3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-09-27

Post by youngmoney_ballin3 Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:39 pm

i think bramalea should be a honorable mention since they beat campion and they also beat turner fenton another tier 2 team
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:58 pm

[quote="youngmoney_ballin3"]i think bramalea should be a honorable mention since they beat campion and they also beat turner fenton another tier 2 team[/quote]

LOL

Current date/time is Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:36 am