HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+26
PlayHardPlaySmart
coachalkins
mrknowitall
YoungBuckz
Coach Miles
jt
stevelogan92
Prime Time
BallorDie
youngmoney_ballin3
HooptownGTA
rvd1018
Hooptownman
east end ball
ballernumber1111
DaMan07
iLiveForBall
basketball IQ
LeftRight.
theunknown2009
Baller$
Peel Fan
DurhamBaller23
FlyHigh31
Coach Clement
Xavier Rimrocker
30 posters

Junior Rimrocker: Groups & Schedule

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Junior Rimrocker: Groups & Schedule - Page 4 Empty Re: Junior Rimrocker: Groups & Schedule

Post by Coach Clement Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:23 am

Mother Teresa had tried to do the same the game before although unsuccessful. Maybe the combination of the two wore them down.

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Junior Rimrocker: Groups & Schedule - Page 4 Empty Re: Junior Rimrocker: Groups & Schedule

Post by Prime Time Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:32 pm

I think the only way to have a chance against Vaughan is to play them in a half-court game. I heard that is what Campion and Ascension did. Both those teams kept it close with Vaughan. Sandalwood does not have the athletes or the bench support to get into a track meet with Vaughan.
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Oh okay that all makes sense, because I was shocked when I seen that score. Considering that Sandalwood, Campion and Ascension, could all beat each other on any given day. Boy that must have been embarrassing for Sandalwood!
    Coach Miles
    Coach Miles
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 303
    Registration date : 2009-10-12

Post by Coach Miles Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:16 pm

jt, you are right that on any given night SAN, CAM, ASN could beat up on each other, the parity in our league is awesome this year.

We (Campion) played a good game against and very strong Vaughan team with arguably one of the best Grade 10 PG in Ontario. We do not have much of an half-court game, thus we ran the whole game by passing the ball upcourt and taking many chances, which long passes were picked off at times by Henry Tan. But I think we ran well despite those turnovers and forced Vaughan to get back on defence and not press us (We know the worst thing to do against pressure is dribble through it). Coach Alkins did a great job adjusting at different times but it was our strongest game of the year and I was proud of our boys.

Unfortunately Saturday morning we ran into a strong rebounding and three shooting Pickering team that gap us early and never looked back. Hopelfully the boys will bounce back for league play against a strong D'Y team on Tuesday.

Great Xavier Rimrocker tournament again. Special thanks to Jason Cormier and all the other organizers. We (Campion) were glad to be a part of it and one of the host sites ran very well by Spags.

Last edited by Coach Miles on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:49 am; edited 3 times in total
    YoungBuckz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by YoungBuckz Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Any Updates?
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Semi #1: Pickering 52 (Damian Rushtand 20) West Hill 37 (Andrew Grant 13)

Semi #2: Vaughan 66 (Troy Reid-Knight 21) Downsview 57 (Adrean Brown 18)

2018 Senior Rimrocker Champions: St. Francis Xavier
    2018 Junior Rimrocker Champions: St. Marguerite d'Youville
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:18 pm

Bronze game: Downsview 50 (Micqueel Martin 21), West Hill 39 (Andrew Grant 15)

Micqueel Martin (Downsview) and Marlon King (West Hill) named to all-star team.

Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:20 pm

Championship game:

Pickering 59 (Damion Rashford 19), Vaughan 54 (Shandon Mootoosamy 16)

Jamal Sebastian (Pickering) and Shandon Mootoosamy (Vaughan) were named to the all-star team.

The tournament MVP was Damion Rashford from Pickering.

Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post by Prime Time Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Congrats to Pickering on their victory, but there win is tainted.....Did anyone see the end of their QF game with d'Y....?
    mrknowitall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-11-18

Post by mrknowitall Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:37 pm

I was watching the game the ref was cheating dyouville the whole game and it was 8 seconds leave and dyouville drove to the hole and got a and1 but they called it a and1 then the other ref call it a charge
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by theunknown2009 Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:40 pm

The Refs called Charge on the last play. The player stepped up and made a good basketball play. The refs called bad calls for both teams
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Could have gone either way.. Hardest call in the game for a Ref to make
    coachalkins
    Freshman

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by coachalkins Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:02 pm

The Vaughan Family would like to thank Coach Cormier, and the Tucci Brothers et al for all their efforts and support to Jr. Basketball. They ran another fantastic tournament. 32 teams is not easy, I have trouble with 8. Thank you Campion for your hospitality and Xavier and Carmel. Congrats to Pickering we have had many battles the past 4 seasons and each one makes us better. Many teams, players and coaches had a chance to showcase the hard work we have all put in. Good luck in your exams and stay dedicated and disciplined. Playoffs will be exciting at the Jr. and Sr. levels in all regions. The MT Sr. Tourney should be special. "Make No Excuses!"
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 am

[quote="stevelogan92"]Could have gone either way.. Hardest call in the game for a Ref to make[/quote]
    That is absolutely the case I did not see the play in question but anyone who has been in basketball for a number of years has seen many like it.

It does not detract from Pickering's victory in any way. It's a coin flip every time this occurs but to say it somehow "taints" Pickering's win is ridiculous.

Congratulations to both the tournament champions Pickering and their opponent Vaughan for staging what appears to have been a great final.

A special thank you goes out to Jason Cormier and his team of co-workers on running a great tournament and also the site convenors who did another great job. What a massive undertaking this tournament represents and to pull it off with this degree of efficiency is an amazing feat! Kudos to all involved! cheers

Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:08 am

Hopes dashed for locals

Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Pickering does it again at RimRocker

PlayHardPlaySmart
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-01-11

Post by PlayHardPlaySmart Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Great article. Pickering was well deserving of winning this tournament. They played good defense, amazing offense and overall they are an athletic team who played hard to win.
    *Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by *Baller Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:00 pm

that ref ruined it for Dy i was there it was a bad call pickering shouldnt have won that game!!!!
    thefuture
    Freshman

Number of posts : 128
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Post by thefuture Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:13 pm

i thought it was a good call, the charge was clean
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:30 pm

And next person could come and post that it was a bad call. The one after that good call, etc.

Block/charge is always tough its 50/50 to get the call.

One call isn't a basketball game but obviously this one was very very close!

gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:32 pm

[quote="Coach Clement"][quote="stevelogan92"]Could have gone either way.. Hardest call in the game for a Ref to make[/quote]
    That is absolutely the case I did not see the play in question but anyone who has been in basketball for a number of years has seen many like it.

It does not detract from Pickering's victory in any way. It's a coin flip every time this occurs but to say it somehow "taints" Pickering's win is ridiculous.

Congratulations to both the tournament champions Pickering and their opponent Vaughan for staging what appears to have been a great final.

A special thank you goes out to Jason Cormier and his team of co-workers on running a great tournament and also the site convenors who did another great job. What a massive undertaking this tournament represents and to pull it off with this degree of efficiency is an amazing feat! Kudos to all involved! cheers[/quote]

I was waiting to see what you were going to post and to make comment on a game you did not see is wrong.It was a bad call but ref is the boss in the games , but from the time the game start there seemed to be a problem. Dy point guard driving to the basket was put down hard to the floor no call which is fine but he gave the player a tech for saying "make the call".As a ref you can tolerate a bit for example going over to the player and letting him know the next out burst will not be allowed.But the player had to leave the game because of injury and could not return.
    What i want to know is why this ref did not give the Pickering coach a tech for complaining about a call and walking onto the floor.Why does it take the conveynor to go on the court to calm down the coach and explain the no call.

All and all it was a great tournament and teams out there have to recognise,DY is a great team with all round players. Congrats to all players.

Coach clement no disrespect but maybe now you will realise Peel have some great teams.

Last edited by gunta on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 pm

[quote="PlayHardPlaySmart"]Great article. Pickering was well deserving of winning this tournament. They played good defense, amazing offense and overall they are an athletic team who played hard to win.[/quote]

Everyone have their views and i have to respect yours . But i disagree.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Gunta,

No disrespect taken! There are definitely some teams in Peel! (btw its Clement-no s).

I already knew about d'Youville who were in the MT Tournament but there are more good teams in Peel than d'Y. You do not know until you see them!

gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:47 pm

[quote="Coach Clement"]Gunta,

No disrespect taken! There are definitely some teams in Peel! (btw its Clement-no s).

I already knew about d'Youville who were in the MT Tournament but there are more good teams in Peel than d'Y. You do not know until you see them![/quote]

That is why i said "teams" and not just DY. Sandalwood did great this weekend until they met RoadRunner (TAN).
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Refs have an extremly hard job. That play was bang bang. I think the only way to really know if it was the wrong call or not is to look at a video replay of it.

Ref calls it a block. Pickering is on here saying it was the wrong call.

Ref calls a charge. D'Y is on here complaining it was the wrong call.

Ref decides No Call. Pickering is on here complaning it was the wrong call if they lose.

Ref Decides no call and Pickering puts in another basket. D'Y is on here complaining about the no call.

Anyway you look at it SOMEBODY is going to complain.

Current date/time is Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:33 pm