HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

BEAST IN THE EAST MULLINGS OR WADE

Toronto Matrix
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

BEAST IN THE EAST MULLINGS OR WADE Empty BEAST IN THE EAST MULLINGS OR WADE

Post by Toronto Matrix on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:20 pm

I think both are quite the basketball players.
    Wanted to know what people thought pros and cons of each player
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

BEAST IN THE EAST MULLINGS OR WADE Empty Re: BEAST IN THE EAST MULLINGS OR WADE

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 pm

Mullings reminds me of Manu Ginobli the way he can fit in between the tight spaces and get to the rack. Not the fastest guy on the court (Watch his little brother for speed) but uses angles very well and has a sharp crossover. Tenacious on ball defender he stays right in his mans hip pocket and never leaves. Needs to work on getting a consistent jumpshot,maybe not from three but a solid mid range game would help nicely. And oh yea he has those crazy ups.

Wade is an strong finisher who that can easily get to the bucket, and has a bit of a better jumpshot from what ive seen. Does not play aggresively in every game, needs to work on a killer instinct to assert himself.

I (and most likely eveyone else) would have to say that Daniel Mullings is the better plade, and the stats to back me up are there,
    tb11
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Post by tb11 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:00 am

Two very similar players. They can both get to the rim but they both lack a consistent jump shot. Wade is more bigger but Mullings has an explosive jump. He is also a very good shot blocker. You don't want to sleep on him because he will make a quick move to the basket.
    Overall I would say Mullings is the better player and he also has a better team around him
    CP3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by CP3 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:04 am

No comparison lol..btw what skool does Wade go 2
    tb11
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Post by tb11 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:44 am

Borden...he single handedly beat Cedarbrae this year with 42 of his teams 63 points.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:14 am

I have coached against both this season. Even though Wade scored more against us than Mullings, I would give the edge to Mullings. This is based on the fact that Mullings is a terrific defender whereas Wade is not that strong a defender. Mullings is more explosive, a better passer and faster. Wade is the better shooter by far as his range is endless and he is stronger physically than Mullings.
    If there is anything that Mullings needs to work on, it is his jump shot. The weakness on Wade is his passing as he does not get his teammates involved that well. In fact, almost every man to man play by Borden is the other four players staying wide and at the baseline so that they can stay out of Wade's way. Mullings certainly has the stronger group around him.
    Both are very strong at penetrating as Mullings does it with speed and explosiveness. If you are not careful, he will dunk it right in your face. Wade uses his body for penetration and does it very well. No threat of a dunk in his case.
    Great pair to compare as they are lighting up the East.
    Toronto Matrix
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by Toronto Matrix on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:58 am

Thank you for all the input. I believe people think wade is not a good passer because he does not have a supporting cast to pass to. I do agree and think that Mulling is a better defender but I think Wade has a way better game overall. Wade is like Lebron in the playoffs. The play is give the ball to him and get the hell out of the way.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:34 pm

The one big thing that has stood out to me regarding Daniel Mullings is that he get's a lot of his points from his defense. Blocked or tipped passes that turn into breakaway dunks. What impresses me about him is the way he handles himself after a big play.In the game against us, he had 5 dunks and every time he did it, he would immediately hustle to play defense. No showboating, no chest pumping, nothing.
    As I said, Wade has endless range on his jump shot. Some of the jumpers he hit on us were just crazy. A hand in his face doesn't bother him. The key to stopping Wade is to keep the ball out of his hands. Easier said than done of course.
    Both players impressed me. Definitely the best two I have coached against this season.

Current date/time is Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:20 am