HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+3
Toronto
ballhard41
Coach Clement
7 posters

Is the TDCAA the Toughest League in the GTA this Season?

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Is the TDCAA the Toughest League in the GTA  this Season? Empty Is the TDCAA the Toughest League in the GTA this Season?

Post by Coach Clement Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:01 am

In my opinion the TDCAA is very likely the toughest league in the GTA again this season. There is plenty of competition out there all the same.

It features the following teams: Henry Carr A current #1, #3 Henry Carr B, #8 Jean Vanier, #9 Mother Teresa, and HM Pope John Paul. That's five of the Top Twenty and four of the Top Ten.

TDSB also has five top 20 teams and three Top Ten. Peel has five top Twenty and no Top Ten, York three Top Twenty and one Top Ten , Durham has one Top Ten and CISS has one Top ten.

It is a very competive year once again although Henry Carr A, Vaughan and Henry Carr B have created some separation from the rest of the field.

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    ballhard41
    Freshman

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2009-11-13

Is the TDCAA the Toughest League in the GTA  this Season? Empty Re: Is the TDCAA the Toughest League in the GTA this Season?

Post by ballhard41 Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:01 pm

i agree but i think oakwood will bang with those 3 teams
    Toronto
    NBA

Number of posts : 1536
    Registration date : 2008-10-21

Is the TDCAA the Toughest League in the GTA  this Season? Empty Re: Is the TDCAA the Toughest League in the GTA this Season?

Post by Toronto Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:17 pm

TDCAA is definitely the toughest league in the GTA, definitely better then the TDSB at least.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:47 pm

And ---- who else can compete? Question

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:04 pm

I think definitely the toughest and tough makes teams better!

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Look at the upsets in the East.

Vanier loses to Neil and Crawford. MT loses to Newman. Pope loses to Yeshivat.

Trust me Vanier, MT and Pope are all good teams don't write them off because of these games. credit to the teams who won!

Crawford will be up there I'm sure, they remain undefeated and may not be tested until February when they face Pope and MT!

bball272
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by bball272 Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:15 pm

TDCAA is definetly the toughest league in the GTA, for those who disagree, just look at the standings. Unless there are some reallly good unknown teams that havn't played any games yet, TDCAA will probably stay the toughest league.
    *Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by *Baller Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:36 pm

I think mother teresa and jean vanier are overated no offence
    myopinion
    Freshman

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-12-13

Post by myopinion Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:15 pm

i agree
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:57 pm

Overrated? Meaning ranked higher then they should be?

Who do you think that is ranked behind them is better?

Last edited by Coach Clement on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

basketball IQ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2009-07-11

Post by basketball IQ Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:41 pm

TDCAA - By far has the top teams in its division:

Carr A - Top 10 every year
    Carr B - Top 10 every year
    MT - Top 10 every year
    Pope - Top 10 every year

Vanier - Was there a few years ago with Emmanuel and Richard - had a few solid years then dropped off, now trying to make a come back, which is great for basketball

What other school division can compete with 5 team top 10 all battling for 1 title

Current date/time is Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:59 pm