HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

Mother Teresa Jr. Invitational Dec. 3-5 (Entries)

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Mother Teresa Jr. Invitational Dec. 3-5 (Entries) Empty Mother Teresa Jr. Invitational Dec. 3-5 (Entries)

Post by Coach Clement Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:05 pm

We are hoping for a field of sixteen teams and we are getting close to that number. Many of the traditional powers in Junior basketball in the GTA have already entered.

We also have two great teams from out-of-town in the field in H.B. Beal (London) and
    ACMT (Hamilton).

I will publish a list of confirmed teams closer to the date of the tournament.

Last edited by Coach Clement on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    highflyer23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2009-09-21

Mother Teresa Jr. Invitational Dec. 3-5 (Entries) Empty Re: Mother Teresa Jr. Invitational Dec. 3-5 (Entries)

Post by highflyer23 Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Invite some more teams

Last edited by highflyer23 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    gave
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 357
    Registration date : 2008-07-24

Mother Teresa Jr. Invitational Dec. 3-5 (Entries) Empty Re: Mother Teresa Jr. Invitational Dec. 3-5 (Entries)

Post by gave Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Coach C save a spot for Downsview ...

I will call to confirm ...
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Coach,

Drop me an e-mail please!

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:37 pm

We are thrilled with this field.

Confirmed teams:
    ACMT (Hamilton)
    Blessed Mother Teresa (TDCAA)
    Downsview (TDSB)
    Dunbarton (Durham)
    Eastern Commerce (TDSB)
    Emery (TDSB)
    Fr. Henry Carr A (TDCAA)
    Fr. Henry Carr B (TDCAA)
    H.B. Beal (London)
    J. Clarke Richardson (Durham)
    Oakwood
    Pickering A (Durham)
    Pickering B (Durham)
    St Marguerite d'Youville (Peel)
    Vaughan Secondary (York)
    West Hill (TDSB)

Waiting list: Mother Teresa B , ACMT B
    Last year we went three teams into our waiting list so it is still wise for teams to be added!

Last edited by Coach Clement on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:02 am; edited 3 times in total

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:25 pm

I am so happy that we have Beal and ACMT onboard this season.

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:13 am

We are still looking for teams because last year we had no less than three last-minute openings.

Kennyboi
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-11-13

Post by Kennyboi Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Could micheal power join this??? if they could, how??
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:23 am

There is a change in the entry list.

J. Clarke Richardson (Durham) has replaced Martingrove who are playing in another tournament that weekend.

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:30 am

[quote="Kennyboi"]Could micheal power join this??? if they could, how??[/quote]

If your team wants to be added to our waiting list your coach can contact me at robertjclement@hotmail.com

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:43 am

I will be working on the draw in the next few days. It should be set by the middle of next week.

I think I now have a good read on the talent level of the teams involved.

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:05 am

Teams will be divided on the basis of which day they would prefer to play Thursday or Friday.

That will be a major factor in how the draw is set up. Therefore it would not be fair to criticize our draw on that basis.

With 16 good teams attending there will be tough teams on both days.

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:29 am

We hope to have the draw ready today or tomorrow.

It looks like it will be well-balanced based on team's choice of playing date.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:24 am