HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

Defensive players

checker
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-10-08

Defensive players Empty Defensive players

Post by checker Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:33 pm

The one thing about these over 20 clubs for scoring in High school basketball is the onus put on the scorers. Although you have to make points to win games how come nobody ever talks about good defensive play. If the star player is being shut down by a good defense do these teams in the top 16 have good enough players other than their top shooter to score enough to win a game? The "star" players need a team to play with don't they?
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Defensive players Empty Re: Defensive players

Post by Coach Mike Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:20 pm

A good defensive player might never get the recognition that a good or great offensive player does... but trust me these things do not go unnoticed and these kinds of players will always have spots open up for them on teams...
    Coach Wheeler
    Coach Wheeler
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post by Coach Wheeler Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Totally agree with Coach Mike, these players dont go unnoticed and might never get the recognition but to maintain a great offensive a team must have a great defensive structure. I since a couple of high school game since the regular season started. Richview's guards in Daina Simkus and Ashley Hutson impresses me on the perimeter on how they can move laterally well. Janice Bartley from D'Youville keeps me smiling with her tenaious D and angles as well. Its not all about the high scoring games to me, its all about the D at the end of the day, because when the score is some what low shows me that certain teams are very defensive minded before anything else.

Coach Wheeler signing offff!
    coach3434
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by coach3434 Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:10 pm

The twenty points club is not all that accurate as usually it does not include out of town tournaments. It is also missing some games from league play.
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by HooptownGTA Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:25 pm

The 20 Points Club does include 20+ point games from tournaments outside of the GTA.

Yes, there are some games that are missed. However, it's up to the coaches, players or parents to notify info@hooptowngta.com

Phone & Text: 647-668-6890
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/HooptownGTA
    Twitter: @HooptownGTA
    Instagram: hooptowngta

Current date/time is Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:40 am