HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
Peel Fan
Xavier Rimrocker
6 posters

Lady Rimrocker: Results

Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Lady Rimrocker: Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Lady Rimrocker: Results

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Gold Medal Final:

D'Youville 42 (Symone Murray, 15), Campion 34 (Candice Walker, 13)

Symone Murray (D'Youville) was named tournament MVP.

Naana Ankoma-Mensah (D'Youville) and candice walker (Campion) were named to the all-star team.

2018 Senior Rimrocker Champions: St. Francis Xavier
    2018 Junior Rimrocker Champions: St. Marguerite d'Youville
    Coach Wheeler
    Coach Wheeler
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post by Coach Wheeler Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:37 am

Congrats to Pickering on being the Conslation Champs, it was a well fought game against the up and coming Downsview squad. Richview for going 3-1 on being bronze medallist and D'Youville for coming out the champions of this year tourney. Campion for silver as well. Over all this was one of the best tourneys so far in the season in Senior girls basketball.

Coach Wheeler signing offff!
    sweetmangoe
    sweetmangoe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-10-18

Post by sweetmangoe Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:32 am

Xavier Rimrocker wrote:Two games have been switched at Carmel on Oct 15th. Please note, there is no error; the team that plays back to back games has requested the change.

Last edited by sweetmangoe on Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not written properly missing information)
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:35 am

sweetmangoe wrote:That why alot people who were following the game closely knew that it was fixed so that they would play in the finals

Care to explain?
    sweetmangoe
    sweetmangoe
    Freshman

Post by sweetmangoe Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:32 am

There is a lot of speculations on what lead to their defeat and I guess for the last couple of years people are tired of seeing DY and STA as the last men standing in tournys.. but.... the long and short of it St.Thomas Aquinas completely bombed themseves out in this tourny with injuries ,which can't be helped and a point gaurd whose attitude that can't be explained....

However I was impressed with them during the Sheridan Cup where they beat Campion whose a much bigger team with bigger bodies... Kaylah Barrett was amazing...the other shooter along with Kaylah who has been consistant throughout the lady rimrocker is shooting gaurd Khadijah Henry making 10 point and more per game..scaring DY just a little in the second quarter when she came out gunning 3s of a total of 9 points... Kaylah Barrett doing the 3s during that quarter aswell making the both ladies a nice combination...Congratz to Christabel Oduro who made mvp..its was well deserved..
    There is not much time left in the season so STA has to recovers from this .. Basketball

Last edited by sweetmangoe on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing word)
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:23 am

[quote="sweetmangoe"]I guess for the last couple of years people are tired of seeing DY and STA as the last men standing in tournys[/quote]

I'm afraid that had no influence on the Rimrocker schedule.

I still don't see the connection between D'Youville's round robin games and your incorrect assumption, now deleted, that the draw was fixed.

2018 Senior Rimrocker Champions: St. Francis Xavier
    2018 Junior Rimrocker Champions: St. Marguerite d'Youville
    sweetmangoe
    sweetmangoe
    Freshman

Post by sweetmangoe Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:24 am

Yeah I guess you're right looking at it closely...and I deleted it because it because I thought it was written badly and poor choice of words...

Current date/time is Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:34 pm