HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+23
BAisdoodoo
stevelogan92
Baller-amazing
lbj23
Kassius123
Baller323
maple kid
xaviertger90
Big D
QuestionMarkk
eastern23
T-money
zonekiller
DaKidMusclez
whatupdawg
Peel Fan
t43
panathas
Coach Melnik
Xavier Rimrocker
RealBall
elite baller9
Coach Clement
27 posters

Carr A is the Number One Junior team in the GTA.

Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Carr A is the Number One Junior team in the GTA. - Page 2 Empty Re: Carr A is the Number One Junior team in the GTA.

Post by Coach Melnik Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:26 pm

FHC Jr A (and FHC Jr B) played more games and more tournaments than Eastern's Senior team. If we apply your logic, would you say what Eastern did was unfair? Not giving other teams any chances to play and get the number 1 spot?

The Rimrocker is always the last tournament our junior teams play in every season. This year is no different.

Coach Melnik
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295

Carr A is the Number One Junior team in the GTA. - Page 2 Empty Re: Carr A is the Number One Junior team in the GTA.

Post by Coach Clement Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Who did we defeat at the ACC last year in the Salsberg final?

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Post by Coach Melnik Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:56 pm

I consider the Salsberg Little Championship a "post season" tournament. FHC Jr A and FHC Jr B will be in the Salsberg Little Championship this year in addition to Mother Teresa.
    QuestionMarkk
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by QuestionMarkk Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:03 pm

where is this tourny hosted? hoopdome?
    QuestionMarkk
    Freshman

Post by QuestionMarkk Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:06 pm

and stop bashing FHC the fact of the matter is that they are the #1 team (beaten PHS twice, and Vaughn twice- both top 3) what else do they have to prove. They are almost mere a perfect season of nearly 40 wins NO losses.

Last edited by QuestionMarkk on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    T-money
    T-money
    Senior

Number of posts : 1210
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by T-money Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:07 pm

yes they are the best
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:34 pm

I started the thread. Who's bashing?

Big D
    Freshman

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post by Big D Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Can someone confirm that there is going to be a Metro Tourney?

Does anyone have details? Location / Time?

Is it open to spectators?
    xaviertger90
    Freshman

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

Post by xaviertger90 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:32 pm

[quote="Coach Clement"]What about a coaches poll to determine the top 16 and honourable mentions? I am a moderator on this board and I would be willing to organize it.

The Coaches Poll could be published every two weeks.

Coaches could e-mail me their selections and I would be willing to compile the results. Perhaps there is a window in early February (before playoffs) in which the tournament could be held.

Am I being too ambitious?[/quote]

Too ambitious? Heck no. I think a coaches poll would be a great addition to hooptown Very Happy
    It would be like the NCAA. Great Idea
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:52 am

Thank you. Are you a coach?

maple kid
    Freshman

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2008-12-04

Post by maple kid Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:04 pm

carr a #1 lets jus stop right now!!!
    Baller323
    Freshman

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2009-02-17

Post by Baller323 Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Why are we even discussing this? They're undefeated this year, and ranked number 1 in the GTA. Doesn't that say enough? Why are we debating it?
    Kassius123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2008-12-20

Post by Kassius123 Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:09 pm

what was the score in the pope and carr A game on monday?
    T-money
    T-money
    Senior

Number of posts : 1210
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by T-money Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:00 pm

68 to 47
    xaviertger90
    Freshman

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

Post by xaviertger90 Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:54 am

[quote="Coach Clement"]Thank you. Are you a coach?[/quote]
    Unfortunately, no.
    lbj23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by lbj23 Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:06 pm

No Way is Carr number one.
    Baller-amazing
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 461
    Registration date : 2008-11-08

Post by Baller-amazing Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:12 pm

who is then
    lbj23
    Freshman

Post by lbj23 Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Clearly Carr did have a good season. If indeed they were 40-0 thats great or if they went 100-0 thats still great. The fact of the matter is that Carr and like any other sports team can go undefeated in the season/preseaon but in a finals tournament such as OFFSSA it would then matter whether or not they are the real deal. New England Patriots went undefeated in the reg. season but they lost the one game that mattered most and for that season they were not champs. In other wods they were NOT the best team.
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Post by Coach Melnik Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Since no other junior boys' team was undefeated, Carr A has to be #1.

lbj23 seems to be another Peel person. I am embarassed that you and I both went to Rockcliffe Middle School! These are kids you are talking about. Kids that played on a team that is undefeated.

Coach Melnik
    lbj23
    Freshman

Post by lbj23 Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:56 pm

I am not just another peel person Sir. I am proud of Rockcliffe, and Runneymede basketball and would like to see them to better over any peel team any day. Thanks for checking my posts!
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:00 pm

I am a Peel Person. Carr A is the clear #1. I dont know how anybody could even argue that.
    BAisdoodoo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Post by BAisdoodoo Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:03 pm

Is this a joke? I think it's pretty obvious...
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Post by Coach Melnik Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:09 pm

lbj23 says he went to Rockcliffe Middle School and Runnymede Collegiate Institutue? If that were true, then you surely would know me or know of me since I also am a very proud alumnus of both schools. And more importantly, you would be able to give credit to two coaches and 10 players that made history by going undefeated while taking on all comers over a 40+ game season.
    lbj23
    Freshman

Post by lbj23 Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Carr is a great team hands down and based on that stat 40plus a game I understand why they are number 1#. You won me over Coach. I would give the coaches credit no doubt as I understand the sacrifice and countless hours coachces put into a sport. Also thanks for making schools like Runnymede, Carr great basketball schools of the past and present. I just wished junior ball had an OFFSSA like the seniors. I had mentioned that earlier in the season on a post asking why there is not an OFFSSA tournament that can be set up.
    QuestionMarkk
    Freshman

Post by QuestionMarkk Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:53 pm

yo lbj23 since there is no ofsaa for juniors that declares carr A #1 as i heard they recently won metros

Current date/time is Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:48 am