HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+11
rp92
Xavier Rimrocker
lockdown
F'real Baller.
coachblue
baller_baller
tmac23
jose_manuel08
Avengers_5
MississaugaBaller
rvd1018
15 posters

Unranked Rick Hansen Beat No.7 Xavier 58-54-Drops 2 in a row

rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Unranked Rick Hansen Beat No.7 Xavier 58-54-Drops 2 in a row Empty Unranked Rick Hansen Beat No.7 Xavier 58-54-Drops 2 in a row

Post by rvd1018 Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Xavier loses two in a row on back to back days. And now 3-2 in league play and 0-2 in league in the new year.

Last edited by rvd1018 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MississaugaBaller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-12-19

Unranked Rick Hansen Beat No.7 Xavier 58-54-Drops 2 in a row Empty Re: Unranked Rick Hansen Beat No.7 Xavier 58-54-Drops 2 in a row

Post by MississaugaBaller Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:09 pm

WTF
    XAVIER NEVER PLAYED RICK HANSEN
    rvd1018
    Junior

Unranked Rick Hansen Beat No.7 Xavier 58-54-Drops 2 in a row Empty Re: Unranked Rick Hansen Beat No.7 Xavier 58-54-Drops 2 in a row

Post by rvd1018 Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Maybe ur still in shock but they did look at 3 links

http://ropssaascores.com/index.php?viewtodaysscores

http://ropssaascores.com/index.php?standings&sport=BASKETBALL&level=JUNIOR&tier=Tier1&gender=BOYS

http://ropssaascores.com/index.php?schedule&sport=BASKETBALL&division=SouthEast&level=JUNIOR&tier=Tier1&gender=BOYS
    MississaugaBaller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 115

Post by MississaugaBaller Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:20 pm

omg there coach didnt even know there was a game,thats sad
    Avengers_5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 42

Post by Avengers_5 Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:30 pm

who are the best players on Xavier?
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Tht was tough luck but a lose is a lose. Good players tht i noe of are dexter plamer. I cnt remember any other ppls names but yee they hve good players.
    jose_manuel08
    Freshman

Number of posts : 128
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by jose_manuel08 Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:52 pm

rick hansen needs to go back to tier 2
    although i gta admit their win ovr xavier was pretty unexpected
    tmac23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by tmac23 Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:33 pm

who does rick have?
    baller_baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by baller_baller Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:31 pm

ii everyone listen up ok about xavier the thing is there in 7th place in top 10 cause they did really good in the rimrocker they went 3-0 in the rimrocker and made it to the final 8 but listen the only reason they did good was because they had a guy named stephen playing for them he's about 6'7 and in grade 10 and hes amazing he was dunking in warm up like nothing almost did a 360 but missed and the deal with this stephen guy is hes in grade 10 but he plays on the senior team cause hes so good right so hes only allowed to play in tournaments for the junior xavier team and without him on the team for xavier junior team the team suxs they have like 1 good person without stephen on the junior xavier team there C dont know his name but he has 2 tatoos so thats why xavier is doing . cause stephen doesnt play for them in there regular season game thats why they've been doing . so ya and no i dont go to xavier we just faced them at the xavier tour and lost bt only by 3
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:34 pm

stefan is the real deal...he can play...

F'real Baller.
    Freshman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by F'real Baller. Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:39 pm

Okayy this loss means shittt.
    Rick Hansen came to Xavier unexpectedley and basically said that theirs a game going on, obviously no one knowing on Xaviers side, many of their players left and went home.
    Xavier had 6 players that were still at the school, they had 3 starters( Dexter, Tomi and Julian) The other 2 players were bench players that had to start due to the fact they had no one else.
    This game was reall whackk and no one knew about it, why i really dont know?

( This is Stefan and just to clear up everything im fully eligible to play but i havent played the last 2 season games ( Goetz and Rick Hansen) due to the fact of my academics and some injuries i have to take care of.
    Back to the games yes we just got ranked 7 and now we have 2 losses to unranke teams? The point is we didnt have our full roster and i gurantee that we wouldn't have these losses with our full roster and our Rimrocker performance was no fluke)
    lockdown
    Freshman

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

Post by lockdown Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:45 pm

[quote="coachblue"]stefan is the real deal...he can play...[/quote]

wat r u saying? da guy has no games in 25 pt club. who cares if he can dunk ... way overrated
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:46 pm

[quote="baller_baller"]ii everyone listen up ok about xavier the thing is there in 7th place in top 10 cause they did really good in the rimrocker they went 3-0 in the rimrocker and made it to the final 8 but listen the only reason they did good was because they had a guy named stephen playing for them he's about 6'7 and in grade 10 and hes amazing he was dunking in warm up like nothing almost did a 360 but missed and the deal with this stephen guy is hes in grade 10 but he plays on the senior team cause hes so good right so hes only allowed to play in tournaments for the junior xavier team and without him on the team for xavier junior team the team suxs they have like 1 good person without stephen on the junior xavier team there C dont know his name but he has 2 tatoos so thats why xavier is doing . cause stephen doesnt play for them in there regular season game thats why they've been doing . so ya and no i dont go to xavier we just faced them at the xavier tour and lost bt only by 3[/quote]

I'm not sure where you got your information because you are quite ill-informed on this matter. Stefan is a member of the junior team. He only played a little bit with the senior team during two of their tournaments. Up until this week, he played every tournament (Parkside, Holy Trinity, Hoop-It-Up, and Rimrocker) and every league game for the Xavier junior team. He missed two league games this week because of other commitments.

You are also quite wrong about this being a one-person team. Stefan isn't the highest scorer on the team. He is either second or third.

2018 Senior Rimrocker Champions: St. Francis Xavier
    2018 Junior Rimrocker Champions: St. Marguerite d'Youville
    F'real Baller.
    Freshman

Post by F'real Baller. Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:54 pm

LMAOO.

The last thing that i am is overrated so you can please just relaxx on that( For the little dunking thing, ill tell you right now that dunking also means . to me and thats probably the last thing that people look at when they look at my game)
    But to make that fact ive hit the 25 point mark this season, but i could care less about my stats thats not me. I havent been playing to anywhere close to my ability and no im not a ''one man team'' but im definiley a key asset.
    (And thats been shown by the performance of my team in the last 2 games)
    rp92
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11

Post by rp92 Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:57 pm

aii now lissen here the loss to goetz was no fluke even if you were at full strength it wouldve been a close game and gone either way now sure stefan didnt play that game but goetz lost a key player at halftime too so dont boost too much saying you would automatically win
    rp92
    Freshman

Post by rp92 Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:01 pm

and the fact that xavier didnt know there was a game? thats your own fault no one elses and you shouldnt complain about that because it was on the league schedule online for a while and the coach should have had a copy of it or the players should have looked into it earlier in the season to see when thier games where so the rick hansen might have gotten lucky but its really xaviers own punch in the gut caus they forgot
    Better Than You
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1

Post by Better Than You Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:04 pm

[quote="lockdown"][quote="coachblue"]stefan is the real deal...he can play...[/quote]

wat r u saying? da guy has no games in 25 pt club. who cares if he can dunk ... way overrated[/quote]

Overrated? Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Stefan could score fifty points in a game if he wanted to. It hasn't happened because he's been more of a distributor this season and even during Rimrocker, he's giving those other players a chance to shine. In 5 years, I guarantee you he'll be one of the top players.

And honestly, we don't have to call it a one-man team situation but Stefan is pretty much the top player. Stefan steps back for two season games, and Xavier loses both? Against Goetz and Rick Hansen? That speaks for itself.
    F'real Baller.
    Freshman

Post by F'real Baller. Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Thats a good point but ''automatic win'' im saying we would win, no one was referring that you guys are a bad team but i strongly believe at the end we would've won.

This Rick Hansen thing? I really dont care but the fact is no one on our team was informed of the game?
    No excuses though Rick Hansen won fair and square.

Last edited by F'real Baller. on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Lets be clear: Goetz is a very good team and, with or without Stefan, it was always going to be close. The coach knew that and the players knew that.

Rick Hansen was a different issue. Regardless of the reasons, they had only six players, including only three of the first seven in the rotation, and one of the three starters present was in foul trouble before the end of the first quarter.

I am not writing this as an excuse but rather to refute the idea that it proves that Stefan is the entire team. Even he would disagree with such a statement.

2018 Senior Rimrocker Champions: St. Francis Xavier
    2018 Junior Rimrocker Champions: St. Marguerite d'Youville
    rp92
    Freshman

Post by rp92 Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:13 pm

true true...

so is stefan going to be playing in the goetz-xavier rematch on feb 20? id like to see how good he is
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Ye Xavier sud hve probably taken the hansen game even without stefan but the coach made a very poor error. The lose to Goetz was way more legit then hansen. As On the above post says it was gonna be a close game no matter what Goetz and Xavier are the most talented teams in the southeast and games against each other will go both ways. They hve one more feb 20.
    F'real Baller.
    Freshman

Post by F'real Baller. Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Yess i agree im not the whole teamm, if that was true im sure we wouldnt be top ten but i also do now when my team needs someone so step up im right there to take that role and the rematch, you best believe ill be playing and the result well youll just have to come and see for your self.
    rp92
    Freshman

Post by rp92 Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 pm

and that i intend to do ill def see that game
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:22 pm

now stop the crap talk the past is the past the hve second half of the season to go and playoffs season is the season its not the lose tht matters but wat the learn. Xavier was a hard team still is a hard team and the rest of the season will continue to be a hard team same with goetz.

Xavier has size
    Goetz has Speed
    lockdown
    Freshman

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

Post by lockdown Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:25 pm

[quote="Better Than You"][quote="lockdown"][quote="coachblue"]stefan is the real deal...he can play...[/quote]

wat r u saying? da guy has no games in 25 pt club. who cares if he can dunk ... way overrated[/quote]

Overrated? Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Stefan could score fifty points in a game if he wanted to. It hasn't happened because he's been more of a distributor this season and even during Rimrocker, he's giving those other players a chance to shine. In 5 years, I guarantee you he'll be one of the top players.

And honestly, we don't have to call it a one-man team situation but Stefan is pretty much the top player. Stefan steps back for two season games, and Xavier loses both? Against Goetz and Rick Hansen? That speaks for itself.[/quote]

wow dun boost. he cudnt score 50 pts in his life. hes good player but dun boost

Current date/time is Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:20 am