HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+26
Basketballmom
stevelogan92
Coach Bee
BornToBall
VCforMVP
Mr Bean
broy
Xavier Rimrocker
twoneedles
HooptownGTA
Rexdale Coach
Dunbarton
CoachImgrund
t43
the General
rising_star_34
kiddddo
tart11
panathas
CoachPaul
RespectBaller
wcbasketball
Tila_Tequila
lockdown
ball4life
Coach Clement
30 posters

Concerning Issues in Junior Basketball

VCforMVP
    Freshman

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Concerning Issues in Junior Basketball - Page 4 Empty Re: Concerning Issues in Junior Basketball

Post by VCforMVP Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:53 pm

sorry meant Coach Paul.
    its cuz i have a dear friend called paulie
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 306

Concerning Issues in Junior Basketball - Page 4 Empty Re: Concerning Issues in Junior Basketball

Post by CoachPaul Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:24 am

[quote="stevelogan92"]One reason why you blow out every team by 20 points is because you are in the weakest division in Peel Junior Basketball.

I personally think the reason for all your wins is mainly your son. He is a defenders nightmare for junior basketball. He is a very well rounded player can go inside and outside and does not and I mean does not miss free throws. In junior basketball a team can rely on a player more than they can in senior. The players surounding your son are mediocre at best. That agin is a compliment to your son because he makes them better.

I also feel you team defence is weak that is why you lost those games in the rimrocker. If your team tightens that up you should be fine in the Ropssaa playoffs.

No Disrespect coach to you or your team just an analysis.[/quote]

I think your analysis is pretty accurate. We have a few players on the team that can really play, but we don't have a deep bench. You're absolutely right when you say our defense sucks, because it does. Unfortunately, there isn't enough gym time to get it to where it really needs to be.

I'll also agree with you that we beat the teams by the margin that we did because they're weak teams. Other divisions have stronger teams, but exactly how much stronger is the question. I've seen most of all of these teams play and I think that if we can get our starting 5 working well then we can play with any team.

It was probably too much of a "boost" to say we're the best team in Peel, but definitely one of the best.

And to answer your question "VCforMVP", yes Nik can dunk. He's never done it in a game yet, but does it all the time in practise.
    mr_09
    Freshman

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by mr_09 Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:39 am

i agree with coach paul but how come u don't get enough gym time
    CoachPaul
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 306

Post by CoachPaul Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:02 pm

There are several reasons, but the biggest one is my time. I'm a community coach and not a teacher. Our practise times are 4 PM (for 1 hour) and our games are 3:30 or 4:30. In order for me to make these times I have to leave work early. I can't leave work every day at 2 PM because of basketball.

So, I can really only spare 3 days a week. Some of these days will be games, some will be practise. On weeks where we have 2 games we might only have one practise. If we had a basketball "program" at Loyola where other coaches could step in and take over then that would be great. But, unfortunately that's not the case.
    dhoward12
    Freshman

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

Post by dhoward12 Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:34 pm

WAIT DID I HEARD THAT MOTHER teaesa kicked 3/5 of their starters of the team? guess that means their #3 ranked goes to unranked this year =(
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:08 pm

[quote="CoachPaul"]There are several reasons, but the biggest one is my time. I'm a community coach and not a teacher. Our practise times are 4 PM (for 1 hour) and our games are 3:30 or 4:30. In order for me to make these times I have to leave work early. I can't leave work every day at 2 PM because of basketball.

So, I can really only spare 3 days a week. Some of these days will be games, some will be practise. On weeks where we have 2 games we might only have one practise. If we had a basketball "program" at Loyola where other coaches could step in and take over then that would be great. But, unfortunately that's not the case.[/quote]

Coach Paul,
    I feel for you believe me. Loyola should be ashamed of its self that such a talnted school when it comes to basketball struggles to field a team. I always thought the senior coaches were teachers or employees of the school. You have informed that they are not. Every year both teams ( senior + junior ) compete for the final four in Ropssa and they dont have a legit program or feeding system for junior players into senior. Imagine if somethign was established or a sytem was finally put together.

The boys you coach should apreciate every minute you give to them. The Loyola admin should treat you to a dinner on them.

Current date/time is Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:00 am