HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

Spaces available in the Junior Rimrocker

Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Spaces available in the Junior Rimrocker Empty Spaces available in the Junior Rimrocker

Post by Xavier Rimrocker on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Due to the announcement yesterday, five teams have dropped out of the Junior Rimrocker. Some have been filled but not all of them. On top of that, there are likely to be more drops so any interested coaches are asked to contact me ASAP at xavier-rimrocker@hotmail.com The dates of the tournament are Jan 10-13.

2018 Senior Rimrocker Champions: St. Francis Xavier
    2018 Junior Rimrocker Champions: St. Marguerite d'Youville
    GTA_BBall
    GTA_BBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2012-11-08

Spaces available in the Junior Rimrocker Empty Re: Spaces available in the Junior Rimrocker

Post by GTA_BBall on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Which teams are still in?
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Spaces available in the Junior Rimrocker Empty Re: Spaces available in the Junior Rimrocker

Post by Xavier Rimrocker on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:48 pm

No lists are being published right now as there will still be changes. I'm not interested in making anyone a target for dropping out. Once the situation has been sorted out and all drops replaced I will post a list.

GTA_BBall
    GTA_BBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2012-11-08

Post by GTA_BBall on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:52 pm

This is really unfortunate as most of the top teams in GTA participated in Rimrocker in previous years. I can imagine alot of great teams have dropped out.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm

As of this moment, we have lost 7 teams and I am waiting to hear from 5 others about their status. One spot is definitely filled by a new team and three others are tentatively. There are still at least 3 spaces left for interested teams and possibly more. Coaches, please e-mail xavier-rimrocker@hotmail.com if you are interested.

tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:17 am

No public teams will be attending
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:12 am

A reminder that COACHES must contact me, not players.

Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Right now, we have lost ten teams with four others still possibilities. Two spaces are filled for sure and three more are tentatively filled. That means there are at least five spots still open. Coaches, if you would like a spot, please e-mail me at xavier-rimrocker@hotmail.com

silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post by silverthorn_coach on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 pm

One thing I will say regarding this tournament in particular. The teams may not be as high caliber as in previous years due to the situation but this tournament will not suffer due to it. Rimrocker runs this so well that it becomes a privilege just to be able to say you played in it. The teams may change but the quality of how this tournament is run never does. I strongly encourage the kids in the private and catholic school systems to tell their coaches that there are spaces available. It will do two things. One it will stabilize the number of teams in it as the threat of pulling out is not as scary with the two boards I mentioned. Two it will give these kids, schools and coaches an opportunity to be a part of a tournament that is very difficult to get in due to demand and one in which you take tremendous pride to say you participated in.
    Oh yeah and thirdly I will add, it could have a strong affect on the coaches poll that we put out just after this tournament. I had to add that third one in. LOL.
    DickieV
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2012-12-01

Post by DickieV on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:49 pm

I would love Emery to join and be placed invthe same group as Silverthorn.

I hear Mississauga is a nice city

Current date/time is Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:25 am