HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

Emery take home DY Junior Jam

DickieV
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2012-12-01

Emery take home DY Junior Jam  Empty Emery take home DY Junior Jam

Post by DickieV on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Revenge is a dish best served cold, congrats Emery for walking into Branpton aka DYs backyard and winning the 2012 DY Junior Jam after being caught off guard @ Vanier tourney.

Emery wanted to stick it to DY but DY got mollywhooped by macNab.

bigred
    Freshman

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2009-11-09

Emery take home DY Junior Jam  Empty Re: Emery take home DY Junior Jam

Post by bigred on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Are you feeling better now that you let it all out?
    I dont think losing to a good McNab team by 9 is Mollywhooped.
    Now this is what a mollywhooped looks like Emery 72 - Father McGivney 18.
    Congrats to Emery
    DickieV
    Freshman

Post by DickieV on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Games of this magnitude are very far and few between, especially @ the junior level. When your roster has genuine aspirations for the D1 level tese final four games we take very seriously. thank you

FYI MacNab jumped out to a 10 point lead on DY ASAP. No contest the rest of the way.

bigred
    Freshman

Post by bigred on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:21 pm

I was there at the games dont say No contest.
    DickieV
    Freshman

Post by DickieV on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:32 am

Big Red how you mean??? 'twas 18-8 and never came closer then 9
    dybball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2009-09-16

Post by dybball on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Wow, didn't know you guys wanted "to stick it to us". Didn't know we had something against eachother. I think you should be happy and excited that you won the tournament.

Our players didn't come on here and talk bad about your team after the vanier tournament. You should be humble.

Anyways, we did get beat by a very disciplined MacNab team, and yes we did get off to a bad start. We did cut it to 6 in the third quarter, so yes we did come closer than 9.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:02 am

Congrats to Emery a talented team with high-level coaching.

A bump in the road for d'Youville. They'll be back!

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post by silverthorn_coach on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:02 am

Character is built through how you handle defeats as well as victories. D'Youville is a very good basketball team that showed character by not coming on here and bashing opponents they defeated. That includes Emery after beating them a few weeks ago.
    On the other hand, all credit goes to Emery for a well deserved victory in the DY junior jam but no need for the post that takes a few shots at D'Youville. Correct me if I am wrong but the tournament organizer (D'Youville coach) posted a very respectful small write up regarding his tournament and that included respect to Emery. I'm sure your coach isn't too thrilled when he finds out about your post "DickieV".
    I must add that if you actually understood the revenge is best served cold saying you so loosely used, you wouldn't need me to follow this with a definition of the saying. If you actually got to serve revenge, then that would mean you got D'Youville back for beating you on the court by doing the same. I read the tournament scores and I don't seem to see Emery beating D'Youville. Also, don't discredit McNabb. They didn't catch D'Youville off guard. They are a very good team. Lastly, mollywhooped means.....ohh forget it, everybody knows what it's intent means.
    Oh yeah, you said your roster has genuine aspirations for the D1 level. Are you talking division 1 NCAA? If so, young man there is a lot more to D1 NCAA ball than writing on a message board and winning one junior tournament. Be humble, get your grades and stay focused on something to fall back on in case your D1 aspirations don't happen.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 am

Well stated, Coach!

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    GC
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2011-03-09

Post by GC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 am

it looks like DickieV needs a lesson in humility, why dont you take the eagles on the finch bus to Carr and get a lesson
    silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Post by silverthorn_coach on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Is "DickieV" the Emery coach? If so, these posts are wrong on so many levels.
    DickieV
    Freshman

Post by DickieV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Our coach online? cmon now

I mean can't a kid disagree with the public consensus that DY was overaated

Calm down
    DickieV
    Freshman

Post by DickieV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:04 pm

As for hoping in the bus to Carr, I've heard horror stories of kids getting sent there and they're report card are laughable.

No thanks

Emery baby
    GTA_BBall
    GTA_BBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2012-11-08

Post by GTA_BBall on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 pm

GC wrote:it looks like DickieV needs a lesson in humility, why dont you take the eagles on the finch bus to Carr and get a lesson
    '

I'm sure DickieV wont get much playing time anyways, since their school is on strike. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the last man on the bench.
    silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Post by silverthorn_coach on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 pm

DickieV wrote:Our coach online? cmon now

I mean can't a kid disagree with the public consensus that DY was overaated

Calm down
    Let me start with this gem from you "DickieV". I apologize for even considering it may be your coach because to post like you do takes a severe level of immaturity. If DY was "over-rated" then what does that make your team? You lost to them.
    silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Post by silverthorn_coach on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 pm

DickieV wrote:As for hoping in the bus to Carr, I've heard horror stories of kids getting sent there and they're report card are laughable.

No thanks

Emery baby

This is why you should have a tutor go through your posts before you send them. Let me be the one to enlighten you to the point made by "GC". He wasn't hinting at you attending Carr. He was hinting at you and your big quotes getting on the finch bus and playing them.
    When you write "hoping" to mean hopping, then totally misunderstand a point made by somebody, it's not in your best interest to attack the education of Carr's students and the marks they achieve. I wouldn't be giving you a passing grade for these remarks as of right now. I guess with the upcoming TDSB games not being played past this week, you will have more time to study and improve your grammatical skills. Also, you can actually prepare for life skills besides the pipe dream you have of playing D1. No solid D1 player needs to use words to promote their game.
    outside_stinga
    Freshman

Number of posts : 129
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by outside_stinga on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:24 pm

silverthorn_coach wrote:
    DickieV wrote:As for hoping in the bus to Carr, I've heard horror stories of kids getting sent there and they're report card are laughable.

No thanks

Emery baby

This is why you should have a tutor go through your posts before you send them. Let me be the one to enlighten you to the point made by "GC". He wasn't hinting at you attending Carr. He was hinting at you and your big quotes getting on the finch bus and playing them.
    When you write "hoping" to mean hopping, then totally misunderstand a point made by somebody, it's not in your best interest to attack the education of Carr's students and the marks they achieve. I wouldn't be giving you a passing grade for these remarks as of right now. I guess with the upcoming TDSB games not being played past this week, you will have more time to study and improve your grammatical skills. Also, you can actually prepare for life skills besides the pipe dream you have of playing D1. No solid D1 player needs to use words to promote their game.

Silverthorn_coach,
    I agree with most of your posts and your slags of those people trying to complain about Carr and D'Youville. I even like your thoughts behind the voting and reason behind your selections. But truth be known, if you are coach or a voter, take the high road sometimes. Your last 4-5 posts have been slagging others for grammar, complaining and disrespecting carr's program. (I agree with you and liked one of your slags) but don't stoop down to that level so often. They're just egging you on, and you keep falling down to their level.
    silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Post by silverthorn_coach on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:43 pm

I understand and respect your point "outside _stinga" and I agree that I have been rough on the lad ( DickieV) . With that being said, my issue is not with the posts complaining about Carr's program. In regard to this, I just feel that is throwing gasoline onto the fire when a kid calls them out. My major issue is when you attack an institutions credibility and academics standards. You have comments ranging from:
    -"report cards laughable"
    -"Y'all work with bounce bball is ruthless for a catholic school",
    - your team is full of guys who live nowhere near the school
    - a player lives in Mississauga.

As I have said before, these attacks are not needed. What this individual is saying is that Henry Carr cheats and has kids with horrible grades just to put it into words. It is an attack on the students personally as well as saying the school has no regard for the kid other than if he can play basketball. It is also an attack on the parents of these kids as it is saying they are fine with sending their kid to a school just to play basketball and have no care for academics. It is ok to have a laughable report card as long as he's scoring his points and playing solid defence. If in fact a kid is struggling in the classroom, is it not cruel to make fun of it and promote it? So when he(DickieV) mentions about laughable report cards, I feel that it is wrong to begin with but it is also hypocritical if on the same posts and others that follow, for your own grammar to be poor.
    Listen, at the end of the day we can all point out a kid on a basketball team that is highly ranked that doesn't live near the school he plays for. Certain schools attract basketball players looking for that leverage to proceed further in the sport. Henry Carr has players that travel distances to the school but if they were not eligible, then they would be deemed so. Otherwise, it is best left alone. Some people are gonna mention how they feel about Carr, be it positive or negative regarding the players and where they come from but I don't see these individuals making a mockery of a kids grades as DickieV did. That is my major issue.
    Let me make it clear that this is not a Henry Carr thing for me. I would defend Eastern, Oakwood or West Hill if people were mocking the grades of players and attacking the institutions credibility. Carr is no different than these schools in terms of how far a player will travel but they(Carr) seem to be the poster child for critisism. Everybody is entitled to their opinions but some go too far. Did I? Possibly. The thing is, you say my last 4-5 posts have been slagging others for grammar, complaining and disrespecting Carr's program. That is not true. I have also defended D'Youville and I have only responded in a negative manner to one particular individual when it comes to the issues you mentioned.
    As I said to begin with, I respect your opinion but if I was attacking a bunch of individuals on here I could see your point. There are posts from "the real deal13 and Mu2, that shows an issue with Carr yet you see no attack response from me to them. The reason for that is they stated their issues in a way that cannot be deemed an attack. Things like game scores etc are used to make their point. Not one attacked on the grades of the kids at Carr in any of their posts. You said "others" but again, it has only been one individual. You said I keep falling down to their level. Again, you make it seem like I post rotten stuff to a slew of individuals and I constantly do this. I disagree.
    Anyway, we all don't have to agree on everything and I notice with you "outside_stinga" you always seem to disagree with something I say and that's fine. Please though, make sure you at least look at all my posts including the last 4-5, like you stated. Also, you seemed to ignore the attacks by certain posters but found a way to personally address me on here. I am certainly not the worst and I do not make a habit out of being ignorant, cruel or rude. I actually have a lot of positive and insightful posts. I know you will bring up me being a coach and a voter but that doesn't make other negative posts by other individuals, any less than mine.
    If you want to address me you can certainly get my email from Coach Clement, as I am posting on here I have no issue with him sending it to you. I won't post it on here and unfortunately, this message board doesn't have private messaging for us to communicate off the board.
    DickieV
    Freshman

Post by DickieV on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Put a sock in it coach. It's harsh reality

Father Henry Carr has players funneled to their school regardless of their actual address on govt documents. It is ruthless.. especially as early as grade 9!

Let me guess FHC threw darts and won the service to talents like Brooks etc

I'm Emerys mascot, if I think my guys are putting in work and getting overlooked i have every right to give the their due and drop a two cents.

emery baby!

bigred
    Freshman

Post by bigred on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:40 pm

DickieV wrote:Put a sock in it coach. It's harsh reality

Father Henry Carr has players funneled to their school regardless of their actual address on govt documents. It is ruthless.. especially as early as grade 9!

Let me guess FHC threw darts and won the service to talents like Brooks etc

I'm Emerys mascot, if I think my guys are putting in work and getting overlooked i have every right to give the their due and drop a two cents.

emery baby!

The lights are on but no one is home.

I know gas is expensive but i had some to throw on this fire.I wanted this empty barrel to keep making noise.
    outside_stinga
    Freshman

Post by outside_stinga on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Silver_thorn,
    Read my post dude. It opens by saying I agree with most of your posts. Including a few of the slags at dickiev. You are right we don't have to agree. But understand I actually never said I disagree. I said don't let stoop to "there level". It's actually a backhanded compliment. Putting you above them. But you can get defensive if you like. Just do me a favour next time, keep it a little shorter.
    DD15
    DD15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-11-22

Post by DD15 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:09 pm

campion should of been in the dy finals over emery even though emerys a good team the whole game between them and campion. the refs were calling bad calls putting campions 4 best players in foul trouble causing them to sit half the game and atleast 2 players fouled and campion only lost by 1. i think emery deserve the gold for their work ethic and heart but people should watch out for campion ranking them 14th will only make it easier for them to get to the top considering they put alot of teams that dont belong ahead of them
    bigred
    Freshman

Post by bigred on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:32 pm

DD15 wrote:campion should of been in the dy finals over emery even though emerys a good team the whole game between them and campion. the refs were calling bad calls putting campions 4 best players in foul trouble causing them to sit half the game and atleast 2 players fouled and campion only lost by 1. i think emery deserve the gold for their work ethic and heart but people should watch out for campion ranking them 14th will only make it easier for them to get to the top considering they put alot of teams that dont belong ahead of them

Question which one of the teams did you beat from #1 rank to 13th?
    silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Post by silverthorn_coach on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:16 am

outside_stinga wrote:Silver_thorn,
    Read my post dude. It opens by saying I agree with most of your posts. Including a few of the slags at dickiev. You are right we don't have to agree. But understand I actually never said I disagree. I said don't let stoop to "there level". It's actually a backhanded compliment. Putting you above them. But you can get defensive if you like. Just do me a favour next time, keep it a little shorter.

As I said, you can get my email address from Coach Clement
    outside_stinga
    Freshman

Post by outside_stinga on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Don't want it. You've missed the boat pal

Current date/time is Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:19 am