HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4th Annual Jr. Coaches Poll Results -12.11.26

DickieV
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2012-12-01

4th Annual Jr. Coaches Poll Results -12.11.26 - Page 3 Empty Re: 4th Annual Jr. Coaches Poll Results -12.11.26

Post by DickieV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:45 am

How y'all's work with Bounce bball is ruthless for a catholic scho.

Your team is full guys that live nowhere near your school.

I mean any school could have success if they were buddy buddies with a AAU program.

DickieV
    Freshman

4th Annual Jr. Coaches Poll Results -12.11.26 - Page 3 Empty Re: 4th Annual Jr. Coaches Poll Results -12.11.26

Post by DickieV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:46 am

#Fact
    GC
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2011-03-09

Post by GC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:12 am

hahahaha whats wrong coach are you jealous? dont let Carr A catch your emery boys on the court LOL....it wont be pretty
    silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post by silverthorn_coach on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Just to remind you "DickieV", that the last kid or representative from a junior team (Vaughn) paid dearly for bashing the Henry Carr program. What you should be doing is working hard in practice, being successful in games and show some class when coming on to this message board. You have taken shots at two programs ( D'Youville and Carr) that are 1 and 2 in the coaches poll. Also, you have not beaten the two schools yet so talk is cheap.
    Remember your revenge served cold drivel? Well, then play Henry Carr and you might learn the meaning of this saying. I'm sure there are great kids at Emery but you are taking focus away from how good your team is and drawing extremely negative attention to your program. The kids don't deserve this and it's your fault
    DickieV
    Freshman

Post by DickieV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Put a asterisk beside FHC*

* for performing enhancing pool of talent

Jealous a understatement
    silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Post by silverthorn_coach on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Sorry, I must add that as one of the 13 coaches who vote for the poll, I will continue to include Henry Carr. If they fall out of the top ten in my opinion based on how they play on the court, then that would be the only way I would not include them.
    silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Post by silverthorn_coach on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:52 pm

DickieV wrote:Put a asterisk beside FHC*

Jealous a understatement

If you are going to post nonsense, then at least make sense with proper grammar. You make it sound like every school has kids from their area except Carr. Are you sure that every single kid on your team is within the school boundaries of his home? Be careful when attacking.
    Also, please correct the Jealous a understatement comment. It makes no sense other than you admitting that it's an understatement that you are jealous of Henry Carr's program.

Put an asterisk beside every post by DickieV because it will be laced with ridiculous comments and embarrassing posts.
    GTA_BBall
    GTA_BBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2012-11-08

Post by GTA_BBall on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:00 pm

DickieV wrote:Put a asterisk beside FHC*

Jealous a understatement

FHC does an excellent job running their program. As a student, you have the right to explore other schools too. If you dont like the how FHC runs their team, you should organize and coach your own team and beat Carr A, then you wouldn't be all talk and no substance.
    GTA_BBall
    GTA_BBall
    Freshman

Post by GTA_BBall on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 pm

with the public strike looming, will the lower ranked teams move up the ladder? Only time will tell.
    actionjackson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2010-05-23

Post by actionjackson on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:12 pm

therealdeal13 wrote:I believed that it is noble for Carr to play their junior team up at the senior level in order to get more competition but then when they move them back down to play in junior tournaments that seems counter to what they say they are trying to do. I am torn on this issue really but I believe that you can't play both sides of the fence, you are either a junior team or a senior team, not both.

What's this "moving them back down to play junior tournaments"? I don't get that.

I don't think they are trying to be a senior team or else they would be playing senior tournaments too. I think its more about the competition they were getting in their league. Wasn't every game for the past few years blow-outs? (Can someone post the scores, including playoffs)
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:43 pm

So what is the reason for moving them up, to prevent blow outs?

Here are their junior tournament scores:

87-47 (40 point win)
    81-36 (45 point win)
    76-40 (36 point win)
    71-28 (43 point win)
    83-44 (39 point win)
    89-59 (30 point win)

**56-48 against DY (8 point win)

Are they really trying to stay away from blow outs (6 blow outs, 1 not)

I see your point REALDEAL13
    GTA_BBall
    GTA_BBall
    Freshman

Post by GTA_BBall on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:48 pm

How do you guys think the rankings will change? Would the top 10 rankings be all private and catholic schools? What are your thoughts?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 am

I feel that will be the case but we'll see next week.

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    DickieV
    Freshman

Post by DickieV on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 am

Word is Henry Carr beat DY in the FHC chip and FHC high scorer was a player lives in Mississauga ...

Emery should have been there Wink
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:42 am

DickieV you're good at what you do! Wink

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    GC
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2011-03-09

Post by GC on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:50 am

emery????? are you serious??? someone from emery thinks they can diss any schools academics??? are you fried??? how many emery "graduates" qualified to attend and play at the next level (CCAA, CIS, NJCAA, NCAA D2/D2, NAIA)?

and who is coaching emery jrs? maydo? dont get me started on that mess!

I agree Coach Clement, DickieV is good at making him and the eagles look like 2nd rate!
    silverthorn_coach
    Freshman

Post by silverthorn_coach on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:36 pm

A couple of points. As I said before, DickieV is only making Emery look classless and second rate. You are taking away positive attention to the program and somebody should tell you to stop posting. Attacking a schools academic standards is walking into very dangerous territory. It also is classless. You are attacking everybody at the school, including parents when you do this. Be careful about what you write.
    In terms of the poll, since Coach Clement has put it in two week increments, it has given me, as well as the other coaches more time to digest results and weigh tournaments and league games. I will still include the public schools that deserve to be in the top 16 for this poll and possibly the next one in two weeks, but as the public teams start to lose more and more games, time will eventually force me to not include them in the poll. I will start to drop their ranking as I see it and eventually other schools will benefit. The problem will be that only Private and Catholic schools will be on the poll, which will force the inclusion of schools that clearly don't belong. I would suggest to Coach Clement and my fellow coaches involved in the poll, to make it a top 10 with no honourable mentions instead of a top 16 with honourable mentions, if public school teams are not playing when we hit January. Just a suggestion.

Coach B
    outside_stinga
    Freshman

Number of posts : 129
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by outside_stinga on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:15 pm

To play devils advocate to silverthorn_coach, having a top 16 team poll will eventually bring out teams that do not belong there. But "maybe" that will encourage the schools that never get credit on this poll to reach new levels moving forward. Making junior basketball more competitive in following years. Just a thought, but I would be interested to see what teams replace those that are taken off the list. However, I do agree it shouldn't be a "drop it like its hot" mentality come Monday.
    actionjackson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2010-05-23

Post by actionjackson on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 am

Mu2 wrote:So what is the reason for moving them up, to prevent blow outs?

Here are their junior tournament scores:

87-47 (40 point win)
    81-36 (45 point win)
    76-40 (36 point win)
    71-28 (43 point win)
    83-44 (39 point win)
    89-59 (30 point win)

**56-48 against DY (8 point win)

Are they really trying to stay away from blow outs (6 blow outs, 1 not)

I see your point REALDEAL13

Thank you for posting the scores but I thought we were talking about league games?

"6 blow-outs, 1 not"... The "1 not" is the type of competitive game they will play when they play in junior tournaments. (Didn't they lose a tournament game last year?) Tournaments usually consist of top teams from other regions. So, playing in junior tournaments makes sense. As good as they are, they are still can be beat. Not sure if the same can be said if they remained playing in their league's junior division.

GTA_BBall
    GTA_BBall
    Freshman

Post by GTA_BBall on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:39 am

Or should the Poll be suspended this year since more than half the contenders are not playing?

Catholic/Public coaches, is there still glory in ranking top 10 knowing other good teams are not ranked/missing because of the strike?
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 am

No, it shouldn't be suspended. The only purpose of the pool is to recognise the accomplishments of teams. That recognition shouldn't end simply because a portion of the teams will not be competing.

2018 Senior Rimrocker Champions: St. Francis Xavier
    2018 Junior Rimrocker Champions: St. Marguerite d'Youville

Current date/time is Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:41 am