HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+11
radio
actionjackson
outside_stinga
Prime Time
Coach Dee
SeekTalent
DurhamBaller23
Dunbarton Coach Deighan
TU20
Mu2
Coach Clement
15 posters

HooptownGTA Jr. Coaches Poll - November 29

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

HooptownGTA Jr. Coaches Poll - November 29 Empty HooptownGTA Jr. Coaches Poll - November 29

Post by Coach Clement Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:34 am

Here are the results of this week's Jr. Coaches Poll. Eleven coaches voted.

1. Fr. Henry Carr
    2. Vaughn Sec.
    3. Ste Marguerite d'Youville
    4. Dunbarton
    5. Downsview
    6. Eastern Commerce
    7. Oakwood
    8. Mother Teresa
    9. St Michaels'
    10. Martingrove
    11. Pope John Paul II
    12. J. Clarke Richardson
    13. Bill Crothers
    14. Northern Sec.
    15. Jean Vanier (Toronto)
    16. Pickering

H.M. :
    St. Joan of Arc –Yk. ,West Hill, Emery, Fr. Goetz, Holy Trinity, Silverthorn

Follow this link for details: http://www.hooptowngta.com/super16JB.php

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

HooptownGTA Jr. Coaches Poll - November 29 Empty Re: HooptownGTA Jr. Coaches Poll - November 29

Post by Mu2 Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:04 am

I guess Vaughan is ranked based on previous years. They lost to Downsview this year and Carr beat them by 20. J.Clarke Really?

Lets see how pickering does this weekend. I guess they are low because they haven't played a game yet
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

HooptownGTA Jr. Coaches Poll - November 29 Empty Re: HooptownGTA Jr. Coaches Poll - November 29

Post by Coach Clement Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:06 am

One voter did not have d'Youville in the Top 16 otherwise they would likely have been second in the Poll.

It would appear to be an obvious ommission but it is not my role to influence the coaches votes.

TU20
    Freshman

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2009-08-25

Post by TU20 Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:29 am

D'Y should be #2
    Eastern will be higher if they can keep JJ in the line up

Last edited by TU20 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dunbarton Coach Deighan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-12-14

Post by Dunbarton Coach Deighan Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:47 am

MacNab is from Hamilton and therefore not part of these rankings...but you're right. They would be in the top 5 if they were eligible. Also, i think you'll see lots of movement in the rankings as more teams start playing tourneys in the GTA and get seen by the coaches participating in the rankings. (Holy Trinity, Pickering, Bill Crothers, etc)

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:55 pm

coach clement, were the rankings based on the average of the rankings each voter voted the school to be?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Rick will post a link this evening to show details on main website.

1st place=20 pts. 2nd place=19pts. etc.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:41 pm

thnx

i thought vaughan was #3
    DurhamBaller23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by DurhamBaller23 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:08 pm

J Clarke should definately be lower. Pickering should be above them.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:34 pm

I wouldn't sell J Clarke short!

They have some talent and a good young coach!

SeekTalent
    Freshman

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2009-01-25

Post by SeekTalent Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:45 pm

How could Vaughn be ranked higher than Downsview if they lost to them in the championship game of their tournament?
    Coach Dee
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2011-11-21

Post by Coach Dee Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Just some tongue-in-cheek nitpicking, but the justification written for J Clarke was a ten point win over McGuigan in the consolation championships. The team that sent McGuigan to the consolation rounds beat them by more than 30 points and aren't even given an honorable mention.

Overall the list is well done, good work boys!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 am

Can someone clarify why D'Youville is below Vaughan? looking at both the score and gameplay i thought D'Youville was better than Vaughan from the past weekend at FHC tourney...
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post by Prime Time Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:17 am

Vaughan lost to Downsview and are three spots ahead of them....? Why?

Also, how could someone not put d'Youville in the top 16? If you can read or know ANYTHING about basketball you would know they have played well this year.

outside_stinga
    Freshman

Number of posts : 129
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by outside_stinga Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Prime Time wrote:Vaughan lost to Downsview and are three spots ahead of them....? Why?

Also, how could someone not put d'Youville in the top 16? If you can read or know ANYTHING about basketball you would know they have played well this year.

Cough cough - read number 3 on the top 16
    actionjackson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2010-05-23

Post by actionjackson Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Coach Clement wrote:One voter did not have d'Youville in the Top 16 otherwise they would likely have been second in the Poll.

It would appear to be an obvious ommission but it is not my role to influence the coaches votes.

Do not accept anymore votes from that voter.
    #nocredibility
    radio
    Freshman

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by radio Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:49 pm

[quote="Coach Clement"]One voter did not have d'Youville in the Top 16 otherwise they would likely have been second in the Poll.

It would appear to be an obvious ommission but it is not my role to influence the coaches votes.[/quote]

This is a sad case when a team is playing top class basketball went to the finals of their first top tournament reach to the finals. One of your voters did not have DY in the top 16.This is a clear case of bias no wonder ontario basketball is heading down the drain.Coach Clements you have been doing a great job but what is right is right Dy deserved to be #2 they played hard to get there. How could people have faith in something like this.I dont care who did not vote or who did DY should be #2 what does Vaughan have to show to be #2. You need to change this if you want people to take this chart serious,Dy did finish second in Henry Carr which was a back and forth game

Peel supporters need to voice their views on this.
    Ballislife25
    Freshman

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2010-12-09

Post by Ballislife25 Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:28 pm

I think that if Dy and Vaughan went head to head that will determine who deserves the #2 spot.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Folks, why is everyone assuming blatant incompetence or some sort of bias? The voters are human and, in the hurry to get the ballot off before the deadline, perhaps the voter simply forgot. It's not hard to do. I can't count the number of times I have sent an e-mail or a post while distracted by a chore, my kids, a knock at the door, etc. and realized later I made a mistake. I'm sure you have all done it at some point.

I was one of the voters for this poll. Luckily I caught the fact that I had omitted a team before I sent it but if I had been slightly more distracted at the time, I could have well made a similar mistake. Would I then be attacked for being incompetent or biased? I would like to think that my posting history would indicate otherwise. So why not give this voter the same benefit of the doubt before going on the attack?

2018 Senior Rimrocker Champions: St. Francis Xavier
    2018 Junior Rimrocker Champions: St. Marguerite d'Youville
    radio
    Freshman

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by radio Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:31 pm

[quote="Xavier Rimrocker"]Folks, why is everyone assuming blatant incompetence or some sort of bias? The voters are human and, in the hurry to get the ballot off before the deadline, perhaps the voter simply forgot. It's not hard to do. I can't count the number of times I have sent an e-mail or a post while distracted by a chore, my kids, a knock at the door, etc. and realized later I made a mistake. I'm sure you have all done it at some point.

I was one of the voters for this poll. Luckily I caught the fact that I had omitted a team before I sent it but if I had been slightly more distracted at the time, I could have well made a similar mistake. Would I then be attacked for being incompetent or biased? I would like to think that my posting history would indicate otherwise. So why not give this voter the same benefit of the doubt before going on the attack?[/quote]

I respect your views and all that you post you are a very knowledgeable person,if the peson like you said could of made a mistake why have it not been straighten out.Kids play very hard to achive something and to have adults make mistakes that kids take serious.Dy deserved to be #2 and you all know this and to make this funny look at the write up about Vaughan then look at what the write up is about DY http://www.hooptowngta.com/super16JB.php. Is Bronze medal more important what message are you guys sending the Dy players after working so hard.Is Vaughan more important

If you sign up to send in your votes then take it serious a simple thing can't distract you.People complain that kids have no respect for adults this is an example why that happens.
    If Vaughan is #2 then all you voters should justified why is that. It is time Peel teams get recognize.

If you want to come and justified the mistake and say voters are human then i will put you on the spot "Do you think Vaughan should be #2 ?" I would put them at #5
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:52 pm

While it's easy to say that it should be fixed, this would affect the credibility of the vote in a different way. If it needs to be fixed for a simple oversight then Coach Clement can't say no to another voter who might decide that a team is ranked too high/low for his liking and e-mails that he "forgot" a team or made a mistake. It's better to leave the list as is and the voter will remember the following week.

Besides, at the end of the day, this list is not anything official. It's a group of volunteers contributing to something that is simply designed to generate a bit of discussion on a message board. There are no tangible benefits to the ranking. I don't base my Rimrocker invites or groupings on it and neither does any other tournament convener. There are simply too many other factors in play.

If someone is losing respect for adults based on this then the issue is misguided perspective, not uncaring adults.

Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:00 pm

I notice that you have added a final paragraph which was not there when I wrote my response. The connection between the two thoughts is a puzzling one. Regardless, I see nothing constructive in taking the bait.

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:24 pm

The poll is unofficial and its early. Its a consensus so I'm sorry I even mentioned the oversight on this board.

Xavier is a personal friend and I pointed out what may have been an anamoly in his ballot but I'm sure he stored that away for next time. I did not suggest he change his vote.

My role is to run the poll and tabulate the results. Its November it will sort itself as we go! People need to relax it doesn't amount to anything in the long run. No one will win or lose a championship or even a game based on this!

The results on the court will speak for themselves. Don't nit-pick when people try to do things that are constructive to the board or to the game or people may hesitate to contribute!!

Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Coach Clement wrote:Xavier is a personal friend and I pointed out what may have been an anamoly in his ballot but I'm sure he stored that away for next time. I did not suggest he change his vote.

Just to avoid any confusion and potential accusations that I am simply posting in a self-serving way to defend myself, Coach Clement is not saying I omitted D'Youville as I did have D'Youville on my ballot.

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Absolutely not it was a totally different situation!

Xavier Rimrocker is certainly among the most informed persons on this board! Especially when it comes to province-wide.

Current date/time is Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:06 pm