HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

ROPSSAA girls returns to tiered basketball

Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

ROPSSAA girls returns to tiered basketball Empty ROPSSAA girls returns to tiered basketball

Post by Peel Fan on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Looking at the ROPSSAA website, it seems that senior girls basketball will return to tiered play. Hopefully this will eliminate the nonsense with seeding that has plagued the sport the past couple of years. However, it's a shame that geography will prevent a balance. On paper, it's possible that the top 5 teams in Peel will all play in the north division.

http://www.peelschools.org/ropssaa/fall/documents/ParticipatingTeamsGirlsBasketball.pdf
    shooter
    Freshman

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2010-05-12

ROPSSAA girls returns to tiered basketball Empty Re: ROPSSAA girls returns to tiered basketball

Post by shooter on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm really confused about this 'tier ranking' and how does it work...and why is St.Thomas Aquinas ranked in the second tier..but again I still don't understand..so please forgive me but can you explain?

Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

ROPSSAA girls returns to tiered basketball Empty Re: ROPSSAA girls returns to tiered basketball

Post by Peel Fan on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:57 am

What's confusing? There is tier 1 and tier 2. Aquinas is in tier 2 because their coach believes they will not be nearly as strong as previous years. The team was dominated by grade 12s and much of the new talent in their zone is now up at Ambrozic.
    shooter
    Freshman

Post by shooter on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:42 pm

but they have 6 strong players that are on the team ....thats why its confusing....
    TheLegacy5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2010-08-21

Post by TheLegacy5 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:42 pm

who are the seven strong players? just wondering.
    shooter
    Freshman

Post by shooter on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:41 am

I'm not sure of all the names but there is Khadijah Henry..she's a pretty skilled player also another is Danique Campbell she's pretty good too...but what i've heard that they will be ok I guess ..

Current date/time is Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:57 pm