The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

Kevin Ramos

BigTimeScorer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 153
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Kevin Ramos Empty Kevin Ramos

Post by BigTimeScorer on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:47 pm

He used to put up big numbers but it appears at D'youville hes just completely fell off?!!?? Anybody know what's going on with him?
    Question
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5294
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Kevin Ramos Empty Re: Kevin Ramos

Post by Coach Clement on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Some guys are ahead early. I remember Kevin in club ball back when he was in Gr.7 and he was a bigtime scorer but maybe he hit a plateau.

Other guys may have caught up in terms of their physical development, skill level and understanding of the game. I have not seen him play recently so I don't know where he is at as a player.

He may find his game again if he can hang in and keep working. We'll have to wait and see how he develops if the desire is still there.

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:55 pm

Kevin is still a very talented player with good fundamentals. Moving up to senior next year. Was amazing for d'y last year. Didn't score like crazy but heard he had tons of assists
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5294
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:33 am

[quote="Mu2"]Kevin is still a very talented player with good fundamentals. Moving up to senior next year. Was amazing for d'y last year. Didn't score like crazy but heard he had tons of assists[/quote]

I was basing my statement on that first post. As I said I really haven't seen much of him in the last couple of years.

Good to hear he's still a first-class player. People base too much on scoring its only one aspect of a player's overall contribution to his team.

Follow me on twitter: @coachclement
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post by Prime Time on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:43 am

I watched d'Y play last year. Kevin was the floor general. He pushed the ball well and in turn this lead to other players getting easy baskets in transition.

Current date/time is Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 am