The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

recruiting

and1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 61
    Registration date : 2009-04-15

recruiting Empty recruiting

Post by and1 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:26 pm

I have a question about getting recruited.
    I am a extremely good basketball player. I play in the private school division 2 league though and i play rep for an okay team. How can I get recruited to play cis basketball or ncaa basketball.
    youngmoola
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2009-06-09

recruiting Empty Re: recruiting

Post by youngmoola on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:29 pm

whats your name and what school do you go to? and try playing on some well-known aau programs like can-six. grassroots, cia bounce etc. But to be honest if your as good as you say you are its only a matter of time before the scouts start coming to YOU. It would help if you made a highlight tape or something and sent it in to different coaches. Thats just an alternative though.
    and1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 61
    Registration date : 2009-04-15

Post by and1 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:12 am

im david mcmurtry, i go to greenwood college school. I play for york region avengers. Im going into grade 12. im a 6"2 pg. I really want to get recruited so whatever you guys can tell me will be great
    slamdunk
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by slamdunk on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:55 am

Not the ideal route but ...Start by filling out the recruiting info on the University websites (mens basketball). Many schools (not all)have this form online. If they have not seen you play, you will have to send a highlight recording. Don't wait on this as they compile their lists early. Best to do it now as recruiting for the next year (2010/2011) begins early - late August, for some elite recruits it was in Spring already or the year before. Also try contacting Barry Hayes (Scout- Hoopstars Canada) to have a look at you...not sure if he works this way but worth a shot.
    You may have to do a 5th year if you haven't had a look yet and are serious about this.
    * D2 high school players also get looks so no worry there. You will get more looks in travel bball since you are playing at a private HS
    yaboy7
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2008-10-09

Post by yaboy7 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:40 pm

Two questions.

what if for some reason, u aren't able to play rep,(travel reasons) and only play higschool ball, is it possible to get a cis scholarship?

what if u only started playing aau ball in grade 11? still possible to get a d1 - d2 scholarship in the states?
    ReshawnW.5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by ReshawnW.5 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Of course if your goood enough, you'll have to put in extra work when you do go to showcases.
    Also there are many summer camps at Universities where the head coach is actualy there. Thats the easiest way for the coach to know you...if you go there. Ill give you a link for a Syracuse camp.. http://www.suathletics.com/sports/2001/8/7/jimscamp.aspx
    yaboy7
    Freshman

Post by yaboy7 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:59 pm

thanks
    slamdunk
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by slamdunk on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:42 am

COBA camp is run by the U of Windsor coach in Orangeville. It's a BBall boot camp and some CIS recruits come from there. There are several sessions that run throughout the summer. Very good camp.
    U of Guelph coach runs a camp. I believe other U coaches run camps.
    yaboy7
    Freshman

Post by yaboy7 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:45 pm

thanks man, does anybody know any other cis or ncaa camps available in the summer time?
    Zoneman
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2009-03-26

Post by Zoneman on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Do not make a highlight tape. Coaches prefer to view full game tapes of players in order to evaluate them properly. Focus on schools and programs that suit you academically and athletically.

Current date/time is Sat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm