A must read...

petro
    petro
    Senior

Number of posts : 1021
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

A must read... Empty A must read...

Post by petro on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:25 pm

Very interesting article... perhaps more kids will follow suit... and I agree wholeheartedly.

Also makes me wonder if Ro has contacts in Europe like he does in the U.S.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=Akn92MPDwTeDb82dDjGQ9IDevbYF?slug=dw-tyler042209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
    diavoli
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

A must read... Empty Re: A must read...

Post by diavoli on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 am

http://www.ehksports.com/basketball_agency/niles_corey.html

Didn't Corey Niles go straight to Europe after high school?
    realdeal
    Freshman

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-04-17

Post by realdeal on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:19 am

Evaldas Zabas who went St. Mike's and neda also turned pro he plays in germany first division
    bruins
    bruins
    Freshman

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2008-08-14

Post by bruins on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:50 am

I need to question some of the info on Cory,i guess some people will believe anything they reas on the internet

Name: Corey Niles
    NCAA: South Alabama- when did he attend south alabama
    Awards:
    2 Time All-Canadian-who awarded him this?
    5 Time Toronto Star All-Star- so he was on the all star team since grade, i doubt it
    2 Time FiveStar Basketball All-Star- again this would be a complete shock, i would even question if he attended any of the real five star camps
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:55 am

Zabas is a good example. . . He's played a total of 3 games, 8 minutes and 1 point!
    loveball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by loveball on Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:45 pm

I was going to say, that Zabas good looked amazing when I saw him in person a few times, but it sounded really far fetched to say he's in the German 1st division.

I guess the total of 8 minutes for the year answers that. Razz

My friend played city wide with Cory Niles and told me he went and played ball in Greece.
    greenlight
    Freshman

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by greenlight on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:52 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

"Corey Niles is by far the most athletic and exciting player in North America and Europe. 3 Time All-Canadian Game slam dunk champion has incredible range on his outside shot and has a jaw-dropping 50' + vertical leap that gives him a distinct advantage when he slashes to the rim. Many and maybe all who watch him play compare his skills to Dwayne Wade and his Athleticism to Vince Carter! Those are two Big names to live up to and he has done just that! Making alot of noise by winning 25 Dunk competitions in a row Niles was forced to become a Better shooter if not great. His work ethic, heart and will is like no other. His passion for the game of basketball is not something he worked for he said, but its what he was born with. He was the Greater Toronto Areas leading scorer in High school, with a 37.5 points per game,including a 53-point outburst against AY Jackson and 46 vs Henry in league play. Still developing his overall game and has a big upside for the next level. Averaging just over 34 ppg in Europe Niles feels as if he is ready to take his game to the NBA. His stats are remarkable, sometimes unbelieveble. Its until you watch him play when you start to realize that the NBA is where he belongs. At the age of 21 Niles has done it all. Working along side with Europes Top Agents Akis Tsolis, John Ebeling and Family Agent Ryan Hinkson, Corey Niles will open the eyes of alot of NBA scouts and teams with his immaculate Body and Athletisism. Niles however is no longer signed with neither of the agents listed and now represented by EHK Sports Management. Shooting over 60% behind the NBA 3 point line, 57% from the field and 95% free throw shooter Nilesis beyond ready and has all the tools to be an NBA shooting guard. With a first step quicker than a sniper Niles can create an offense for himself and take on anyone with his 1 on 1 play. Dishing out 7.3 apg in EuroLeague Niles is also a very unselfish player and loves to play with his teamates and get everyone involved. Over 50 Articles have been written about him in the Media and with all the publicity in the last year he can still handle the pressure on and off the court and stay focused about what decision he will make, whether its going to the NBA or staying overseas. Niles is by far the most exciting Guard to watch play in the country. He can play the 1, 2 or 3 Position and match up against Bigger guards and forwards. Loves to play above the rim and challenge all opponents. Loves to create contact and get the foul. Niles who was also a 2 Time Five-Star basketball All-Star along with Michael Jordan, Vince Carter, Lebron James etc, Feels as if he was ready for the NBA by the time he was 18 years old. He plays like he is 67 and has a muscular toned body; also he can and will dunk on anyone, at any height, at any given time of the game. He is Canadas most athletic player, especially when he is Airborne!!!!!!! Look for Corey Niles to make the NBA jump within the next year!."

Is it just me or does a whole bunch of this stuff sound like b.s....
    50+ inch vert
    averagin 34ppg in europe
    shooting over 60%+ behind nba 3 pt line?

I aint even gonna list anythin else... dat web site and entire agency is a joke
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:10 am

There is absolutely no stats for Corey Niles from Europe, College, or even Monroe. For some scoring 30+ a game, there should be some record of even one game.

Weak.
    petro
    petro
    Senior

Number of posts : 1021
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by petro on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:15 pm

I think somebody is making a point about how easy it is to create hype on a player.

Please... as soon as I read 50+ inch verticle and comparisons to VC and D-Wade... I knew the article was a hunk of sh1t.

Euroleague... ma please!!!

Current date/time is Fri May 24, 2019 8:51 am