Coaches with Class

acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Coaches with Class Empty Coaches with Class

Post by acie earl 55 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:35 am

I'd like to take a moment to focus on some of the positive contributions of the coaches who take the time to inform and educate the GTA basketball community on this site. As an educator with a keen interest in the game, I do enjoy hearing about the successes within this thriving community and appreciate the efforts of those individuals who take the time to educate players on the important aspect associated with the high school game - both academically and with their character.

I particularly appreciate the coaches who give such great updates of league and tournament games while providing their points of view with humility and grace - whatever the final score read. I give kudos to those who role model this positive spirit in this discussion board and know that the same attributes follow on the court.

For the past few weeks, this board has been riddled with a couple of coaches posting their sour grapes, calling-out student posters while frequently displaying their own immaturity and lack of class in an attempt to endorse the quality of the teams they are connected with. It saddens me that grown men, one particular a teacher, needs to attract such negative attention through the multiple rebuttals on silly issues. While this site "Isn't just for kids", I believe our coaches need to be held a higher standard in how, when and where they communicate to the community. The standard of mutual respect that seems to be questioned on the court and classroom is being mirrored here as well. Gents, please raise the bar.

Good luck to everyone over the exam break and I'm really looking forward to reading about how teams are performing in February. I certainly hope that I don't have to resort to reading Grossman in the Star as my only unbiased account of the playoffs.
    VCforMVP
    Freshman

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Coaches with Class Empty Re: Coaches with Class

Post by VCforMVP on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:30 am

Well said Acie earl 55! Basketball
    CoachImgrund
    CoachImgrund
    Freshman

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Coaches with Class Empty Re: Coaches with Class

Post by CoachImgrund on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:36 am

If all coaches remembered that we are mentors for our players, I agree that the game, both on and off the court, would be a lot better.

Here's to our semestered students about to write final exams - academics comes first, and basketball will be waiting for you in February!

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:38 am