The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

Chadrack Lufile - Broken Down

laszlo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

Chadrack Lufile - Broken Down Empty Chadrack Lufile - Broken Down

Post by laszlo on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:34 pm

I've never seen Chadrack Lufile play and was considering going to see one of Assumptions (Burlington) games.
    Before I go and commit to the time and drive I would love to hear more about his game.
    As we all know the high school basketball scene doen't really hold any dominating big men and I'm hoping
    this is my chance to see one.

I have heard mixed reviews.

For those of you who have seen him play 'first hand' I give you the opportunity
    to BREAK IT ON DOWN!
    rec
    Freshman

Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Chadrack Lufile - Broken Down Empty Re: Chadrack Lufile - Broken Down

Post by rec on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:09 pm

I've broken it down in the University of Windsor tournament thread as to what I have so far observed.
    I suggest you save your gas money and don't bother making the trip to Burlington/Oakville and wait for them to come to you. There are no other teams with legitimate big guys that will play Assumption in their league games. Ryan Thomson at St. Thomas Aquinas, Oakville is the best big in the area but the team has been undeservingly been dropped to Tier 2 status. Nothing to do with the team but everything to do with making the convenors jobs easier. As a result, Assumption and STA won't ever meet up in their league games.
    Holy Trinity Oakville, a team made up of great guards but lacking quality bigs came very close to beating Assumption. As the only big man on the court, Lufile should have put it away for his team. Unfortunately I didn't see that game so I can't give a recap. I understand it was a game between the guards.

Another team was AA school, Parkside from Dundas. They met up earlier in the season at Parkside's own tournament (I saw that game) and Assumption lost in the semi-finals to them. Parkside had lost 4 starters to graduation last year and has some good grade 11's stepping up. The #10 ranked grade 12r PF Andrew Cicuttini scored 31 points up against both grade 12 r's Chadrack Lufile (21 pts) and Matt Howlett (5 pts.) in that game. This was their second meeting, as the first game was an exhibition game early in November where Assumption beat Parkside but again Cicuttini handled the bigger Lufile under the basket. It was an eye opener.

There are no Hamilton/Halton/Niagara teams with legitimate bigs that I have seen handle Lufile so far other than Cicuttini from Parkside. It gives Lufile open reign on the league and other games against local teams but I don't know if he will step up, especially after hearing about the Holy Trinity game. He's not really the consistant big power on that team. I'm not saying he sucks (he provides great dunk shows) but I think the bigger threat on that Assumption team comes from Trevor Williams (transfer from STA Oakville) as this point guard can do it all by himself. It is generally the 1-2 (Williams, Lufile) show, with Howlett picking up the leftovers. There really isn't any other player on that team going anywhere after high school ball. Any other team with some depth will be able to beat them if they can handle Williams.
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by Tila_Tequila on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:17 pm

rec
    Freshman

Post by rec on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks for the link. You just made my point. Not one big man in the clip that could play any D on him. Someone that size should put it over on all those players, too easy. Looks like one team was Nelson.
    laszlo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

Post by laszlo on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:00 pm

anyone know what happened to chadrack and his team assumption in burlington?

any info on who beat them in the playoffs?
    rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by rvd1018 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:23 pm

holy trinity beat them in the playoffs in OT i think by 8 or something
    Respect
    Respect
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 562
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by Respect on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:38 pm

Chadrack seems to consider himself as a perimeter player more than a post player. In the games that I've seen him this year, he likes to float on the wings, shoot jumpers, and display his ball handling abilities. Although I've seen him listed at 6'10", I think his real height is closer to 6' 7 or 8 inches, and as such, his desire to develop his game at the wing is probably a smart move on his part.

As a side note, I also saw Jamal Maglore play his high school ball in Toronto. 6' 9" Jamal was completely dominant in the paint - swatting shots, grabbing boards, and dunking probably 5-10 baskets per game. Jamal's game was in the paint and he was truly aggressive owing the house.

Chaddy's game is completely different. Better or worse? We'll have to wait and see.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:57 pm

has he signed to any NCAA school yt?
    rec
    Freshman

Post by rec on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:49 pm

I heard that he wouldn't get through the clearinghouse and is headed for Juco in PA.
    The coaching wasn't there on his school team and I have seen myself several times that he does exhibit a certain "attitude" to his teammates when things don't go well. That is something he needs to address and control if he wants to be successful at the next level. Someone like him is a dime a dozen in the U.S. and attitude is not going to get him far.
    caddykid5
    caddykid5
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Post by caddykid5 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:09 pm

I am an Official Chadrack Lufile Fan lol
    rvd1018
    Junior