HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

Martingrove Vs York Humber! (DUNKS)

Joking
    Freshman

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Martingrove Vs York Humber! (DUNKS) Empty Martingrove Vs York Humber! (DUNKS)

Post by Joking on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:03 pm

THSI GAME WAS INSANE, ANOTHER 40 POINT BLOWOUT BY MCI
    TEHRE WERE ATLEAST 6 DUNS IN THIS GAME.
    1 ALLEY-OOP DUNK BY JUSTING BAKUTEKA
    1 WIND-MILL BY MATTHEW WRIGHT
    4 OTHER NICE TOMAHAWK JAMS
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-07-17

Martingrove Vs York Humber! (DUNKS) Empty Re: Martingrove Vs York Humber! (DUNKS)

Post by skip2myloupt2 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:38 pm

uh i heard the windmill was broken up...but i did hear that he but it on someone..
    Joking
    Freshman

Martingrove Vs York Humber! (DUNKS) Empty Re: Martingrove Vs York Humber! (DUNKS)

Post by Joking on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:58 pm

it was close enough, ball still went in the hoop
    swish
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by swish on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:04 pm

MCI IS RAW
    simple touch5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by simple touch5 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:32 pm

yo why are u guys trying to hype this team? honestly do u think they will be top 10 or even top 15? york humber isnt even that good how are u suppose to hype on a game like this
    loveball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by loveball on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:32 pm

who cares about dunks?
    loveball
    Sophomore

Post by loveball on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:34 pm

I would rather hear somebody had 10-15 assists, or a team played well and executed their offence properly, or someone played stellar defence and locked up a star player.. Dunks have next to nothing to do with the quality of basketball being played by a player/team
    Joking
    Freshman

Post by Joking on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:51 pm

[quote="simple touch5"]yo why are u guys trying to hype this team? honestly do u think they will be top 10 or even top 15? york humber isnt even that good how are u suppose to hype on a game like this[/quote]
    dude r u stupid? im not hyping them even though they are amazing..
    top 10/15?? there freaking 9th right now so what r u smoking,
    they were OFSAA contenders last year too....
    im just saying that the dunks were amazing
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Martingrove is definately one of the top ten teams in the city.
    prospect
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Post by prospect on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:00 pm

MCI is a rawer team
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by TorontoBasketball on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:06 pm

[quote="loveball"]I would rather hear somebody had 10-15 assists, or a team played well and executed their offence properly, or someone played stellar defence and locked up a star player.. Dunks have next to nothing to do with the quality of basketball being played by a player/team[/quote]

Two players had 8 assists each and 2 of them had between 5-7.
    Edit:
    Let me correct myself, 2 of them had between 5-7. Typos and mistakes happen, so before "loveball" gets all hyped. Math class? Maybe you should go to English class, correct grammer is almost essential in life. I can tell you are lacking this.

Last edited by TorontoBasketball on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    loveball
    Sophomore

Post by loveball on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:10 pm

LMAO... what?

two players had 8 assists each = 16
    fives players had between 5-7 assists = 25-35
    total 41-51 assists?

Unless this was a 120 point game for MCI, and nearly EVERY basket was assisted, i highly doubt thats possible..

you should spend more time in math class and less time on hooptown my friend Very Happy
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by TorontoBasketball on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Let me correct myself, 2 of them had between 5-7. Typos and mistakes happen, so before "loveball" gets all offended. Considering you, also have been here in October and already accumulated 44 posts to my 30 posts from September, I think you should be the one getting off hooptown.
    Joking
    Freshman

Post by Joking on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:20 pm

LOL!!!
    its a thread guys not english class.
    keep the subject to mci
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Post by skip2myloupt2 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:05 pm

lol...all yall chill..
    mci is a good team and everyone knows york humber isnt the best team.

Joking was only talking about the slam fest that happen in the game..
    and can we please stop with this english, math class crap..

also to "loveball" martingrove is not a self-fish team (and dont try to make it seem like im boosting them)..thank you
    Joking
    Freshman

Post by Joking on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:23 pm

THANK YOU skip2myloupt2
    gosh every1 in this forum only trash talks and talks about boosting.
    im just saying that it was a exciting game
    moss
    loveball
    Sophomore

Post by loveball on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:29 pm

In no way did I infer Martingrove is a selfish team, I just think its silly to come on here and say " there was 2 windmill dunks in the game, and 4 tomahwaks" and its more important to focus on the important aspects of the game..team play, defence, moving the ball etc.
    As well, what does it matter that I have 44 posts on here, and you have 30? There are guys on here who have hundreds of posts..and theres nothing wrong with that. I just wanted to emphasise that dunking is not an important aspect of the game of basketball, in no way was i inferring Martingrove is a selfish team or boosting, just that you guys should focus on the important aspects of the game, and not run to hoopotown saying " yooo this guy had a tomahawk dunk"
    loveball
    Sophomore

Post by loveball on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:35 pm

On a side note, I type rather quickly and make typos here and there, but i dont find anything wrong with my spelling/grammar. If you want to read some proper grammar feel free to read my university thesis or graduate school application essays, I'll gladly you send them. lol!
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157

Post by OnlyTheTruth on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:42 pm

Martingrove is a very good team this year... they have a strong leader Matthew Wright and very talented players... I would say by them blowing out teams and basically having a dunk competition in a game is there way of telling the west there not looking to take it easy on any teams and letting them pass they want to expose all teams this year and prove that they are really one of the top 10 teams in the city.
    loveball
    Sophomore

Post by loveball on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:26 am

In no way am i hating on martingrove (or any other school for that respect) but the way to show your a top 10 team is by beating other top 10 teams, or playing competetively against them (i.e losing by less then 10) blowing out teams by 40, does show a team is talented, plays well etc. but to show you belong in the top 10...beat/play competitve against other top 10-15 competetion
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Post by EYE OF A TIGER on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 am

I AGREE with "Loveball" 100%.....DUNKS DONT MATTER!......DONT COME ON HERE TALKING ABOUT "1 WINDMILL, 4 TOMOHAWKS"....I WOULD RATHER HEAR 15 ASSISTS OR 20 REBOUNDS or or a team played well and executed their offence properly. BEATING ON LESSER TEAMS AND BASICLY HAVING A DUNKOFF DURING THE GAME DOES NOT MAKE YOU ANYTHING......IN FACT IT EXPOSES UR INTEGRITY AND PROFESSIONALISM......THATS CHILDISH TO ME................................AND IF U THINK U CAN DO THAT TO A TOP 10 TEAM GOOD LUCK.

MAIN POINT:
    DONT COME ON THIS FORUM TALKING ABOUT DUNKS , COME ON WHEN YALL BEAT A TOP 10 TEAM (BLOWN OUT BY LOYOLA)

I BELIEVE YALL HAVE A MEETING WITH CAMPION @RIM-ROCKER LETS SEE IF YALL COME TO PLAY

im not hating on Grove...it just pisses me off when teams boost after destroying basicly a grade 8 team. and who is York Humber anyways NEVER heard of that school?
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Post by skip2myloupt2 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:54 am

lol...
    "EYE OF A TIGER"
    dang, chill no one hear is boosting about this game because everyone already what it is with york humber! STRAIGHT!

also "EYE OF A TIGER" why so quick to post negative against the school yea i understand they got a beating and gave up against Loyola but why dont you talking about the positive like for ex. the MT game because i understand it was still a lost but i know MCI was banging with them and clearly everyone was a thinking a blowout

yea the CAMPION vs MCI match will be nice to see and i think the winner of that match will most likely be the winner of the pool

oh yeah nice speaking to you... Very Happy
    Joking
    Freshman

Post by Joking on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:12 am

moss, im just saying that the dunks were nice.
    nothing to do with their plays, ive just never seen it inhjighschool games so many
    so i was just surprised, does tha clear things up?
    english23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-12-04

Post by english23 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:56 am

Martingrove is a reallly good team this year considering that they had won the vaughan tournament... and beat teams like central commernce, westren tech.

Gooood Luck Guys...!!!!
    loveball
    Sophomore

Post by loveball on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:16 am

Vaughan won the Vaughan tournament.. Unless you mean Vaughan Rd.

Current date/time is Fri May 24, 2019 8:48 am